Pod Your Reef

TitusNuvo20

So we are going to be moving in like 6 weeks. So to prepare for that, we have started selling off some of our freshwater fish and shrimp. We usually go to World of Fish in Richfield. In total, we have gotten like 200 bucks. For our multies, they give us cash and store credit for the shrimp, emerald eye rasboras, and dwarf neon gouramis. So we used store credit to get more corals of course. We picked up a meteor shower coral, a zoa frag, and a blasto. Here's pics. We just got them last night. Any I.D. on that zoa? Maybe utter chaos? 

20180118_115621.jpg

20180118_114958.jpg

43266.jpeg

43268.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
TitusNuvo20

In spite of the Larry Bird equivalent of weather today, (white as hell)(blizzard), we have experienced here, the wife and I braved the roads to travel about 60 miles to the TCMAS spring expo. The way there took about an hour and a quarter. The way back took 2.5 hours. Thank god for our 4wd jeep xj. But we came back with ten new frags. Pics below. Not pictured is Clementine zoas, Gatorade zoas, eye of sauron zoas, another RFA, a plate, and a frogspawn. 

45113.jpeg

45110.jpeg

45107.jpeg

45106.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...
TitusNuvo20

Just an update on the mandarin!

After about 3 months he is fat and healthy. He now seems to prefer brine shrimp over the white worms we started him on. He even swims up into the water column to snap the shrimp as they float by. I would say we have been successful in keeping him alive in our 20 gallon. He actually has an Instagram account run by my wife. drake_mandarin_dragonette 

46514.jpeg

46512.jpeg

46520.jpeg

TitusNuvo20

After the move, we have been experiencing quite the hardships. We have now been here approximately 3 months. We have been battling first bryopsis and then cyano like crazy. It was almost like a new tank cycle. I don't know how active I will be from here on out as I am super busy with my new job. I recommend following our instagram account on updates and pictures. drake_mandarin_dragonette