SaltCritters.com

So we just upgraded to our Fusion 20 from a generic 10 gal. We had the tank for a few days and were just waiting on a stand from Walmart. Once we got the stand, it took us about 4 hours to transfer everything over.

Equipment:

Fusion 20

Wal-Mart Flipper stand

Eshopps nano skimmer 

AI Prime HD

2 hydor nano circulation pumps

1 spin stream 

75 watt neo therm heater 

2 IM Fish Guards for the overflows 

Auto Aqua Smart ATO micro 

Hardscape:

Mostly used carib-sea aragonite sand 10 lbs

Then new sand same kind 7 to 8 lbs

40 ish lbs live rock transferred over 

Corals:

Green birdsnest

Bird of Paradise birdsnest

Pulsing Xenia

Season's Greetings montipora 

Lots of Green star polyps

Hollywood stunner chalice 

2 various acans

Red cap montipora

Hammer coral

Frogspawn

Jack o'lantern lepto

Florida Ridordea's: orange, blue, green

Yuma Ridordea 

Duncan coral

Meteor Shower Cyphastrea

Lots of zoas:

Eye of Sauron

Gold Midas

Sunny D

Rasta

Radioactive Dragon Eye

Fire and Ice

Gobstopper

My Clementines 

Gatorades 

Blonde Blue Eyed Bitches

Watermelons

Darth Mauls

Fish:

1 oscellaris clown

1 snowflake clown

1 mandarin dragonet

Inverts:

2 RFA's

Assorted Snails: astrea, trochus, margarita 

20180105_101315.jpg

20180220_171633.jpg

20180220_172722.jpg

20180220_211130.jpg

20180220_213445.jpg

20180221_113513.jpg

20180222_105822.jpg

20180222_104622.jpg

The mandarin and Tail Spot we got yesterday. We have the mandarin in a breeding net so we can train him to eat frozen. He has already eaten some brine and white worms but not very actively. We are going to keep monitoring him in there until we are sure he can survive in the tank. Hopefully it goes well.

20180222_104559.jpg

For sure. That's my wife's project. It's her dream fish. She found this video of this guy who cultures white worms for them to eat. Apparently his are always breeding and super fat. They can live for a couple hours in saltwater so they wriggle around and attract their attention. There's some good videos on YouTube about it. 

For the mandarin, I'm also contemplating doing a fuge with one of those magnet lights and cutting off the back black for the chamber section. Any thoughts or advice? Is the intank fuge basket worth it?

I have the IM Fusion 20 peninsula and use the middle chamber as a fuge with some marine pure blocks and chaeto.  Only been doing it about 2 weeks now.  If anything it seems to really be helping keep nitrates at bay

4 hours ago, Brian1313 said:

I have the IM Fusion 20 peninsula and use the middle chamber as a fuge with some marine pure blocks and chaeto.  Only been doing it about 2 weeks now.  If anything it seems to really be helping keep nitrates at bay

How do you have it lit?

Right now i just have my tank light sitting over the fuge since it can be expanded and contracted.  But i am going to order some red led grow strip lights off amazon and stick it to the side.  I removed some of the black plastic on the back so you can see through it.  I have pics on my tank build thread

On 2/23/2018 at 7:24 AM, Brian1313 said:

How do you have it lit?

20180224_141105.jpg

20180224_141120.jpg

I'll have to think about doing that. In the meantime, we released the mandarin into the tank. It's been a couple days and he seems to be doing fine. Swimming all over and hunting. We have continued to feed white worms and brine as well as adding roe to the regime. 

Also, in other news, we went to the LFS that's not quite local that we just started going to and bought a couple frags. They were having a ten dollar frag sale and we were able to pick up a sunset montipora frag and a green birdsnest. Btw, anyone in the cities should check out New Wave Aquaria. It is definitely the best saltwater hobby shop around.  And a FTS.

20180224_161729.jpg

20180224_161746.jpg

20180224_161756.jpg

So something funny happened this morning. I hadn't seen our firefish for a couple of days and was beginning to become concerned. This morning I happened to look into the filter compartments and found him there! I'm not sure if he jumped over or slipped through the overflows before we put the fish guards on them. Anyway I netted him out and he's been happy to be back in the main display.

Just an update today, the mandarin has been eating the roe like crazy. He was eating it directly from the coral feeder that we just got. Here's a FTS under blues and some cool pictures of the other fish. 

40971.jpeg

40970.jpeg

40968.jpeg

40967.jpeg

20180226_221955.jpg

20180226_222008.jpg

20180226_222707.jpg

So I need some zoa help. When we switched tanks, we bought a few frags of zoas. At first the eye of sauron frag was one of the first to open. Now it hasn't opened for a few days a looks really bad. If someone knows what's up that would be awesome. 

1519750660247611068953.jpg

20180227_105859.jpg

TitusNuvo20

So we went back to New Wave and ended up leaving with 2 things: a tiger pistol shrimp for our YWG and an unidentified zoa frag. Any ideas what morph of zoa this is?

20180302_112339.jpg

On 3/2/2018 at 12:22 PM, TitusNuvo20 said:

So we went back to New Wave and ended up leaving with 2 things: a tiger pistol shrimp for our YWG and an unidentified zoa frag. Any ideas what morph of zoa this is?

20180302_112339.jpg

Looks like a watermelon zoa to me. New Wave is amazing. I’m there almost weekly 

TitusNuvo20

We are too! That's actually how I heard of New Wave was from your tank thread. We actually get our water from there. We go on Thursday's usually.  They could be Watermelons. The ring is more orange I think than red. .

TitusNuvo20

So coral colors weren't quite as brilliant as they should have been and our current marine orbit led was maxed out on this tank so we ended up getting a prime with the 12 inch goose neck. So far we live it. There's way more shimmer than the orbit. Colors seem to already be improving. Mainly on some of the zoas, the JOL lepto, and the hollywood stunner chalice. Oh and the Acans. 

An update on our mandarin, he has been eating the white worms pretty well. We also added more tisbe pods to supplement. He's still very active and getting fatter. He's not quite where we would like him yet, but improving. 

41910.jpeg

41913.jpeg

41917.jpeg

41911.jpeg

41915.jpeg

41921.jpeg

TitusNuvo20

Just an update on the 20. We went to New Wave and picked up those clove polyps labeled as neon clove polyps. They're super colorful and look amazing. The tank is doing well. I dosed some fluconazole to combat what I think may have been bryopsis. It's been 12 days and it's completely gone as far as I can tell. That stuff works. This is also the longest I've gone without a water change and there seem to be no averse affects. 

After we got the cloves, we did some rearranging on the left side. I was never quite happy with it but like it much better now. To make room I also got rid of my Kenyan tree. It was our very first coral so I was kinda sad to see it go but it just wasn't what we wanted anymore. 

42810.jpeg

42802.jpeg

42819.jpeg

Tank looks great! I have the fusion 20 as well and I have the InTank Fuge Basket in mine with cheato and a JBJ nano magnetic Fuge Light and it is working great for me. Cheato is growing and doing as it should. Seems to work very well in my opinion.

TitusNuvo20
1 hour ago, Belder said:

Tank looks great! I have the fusion 20 as well and I have the InTank Fuge Basket in mine with cheato and a JBJ nano magnetic Fuge Light and it is working great for me. Cheato is growing and doing as it should. Seems to work very well in my opinion.

Thanks Belder! I'll have to keep that in mind for future upgrades.