Coral Vue Hydros

Asta 20 Light Settings

DominicDuffy

I have recently bought the Asta 20 LED light for my Aqua One 35l Nano and dont really know what channels I should have on at what percentages. The light is a 4 channel light which include: 

Channel 1; 4pcs Blue Semileds

Channel 2; 4pcs Royal Blue Semileds

Channel 3; 4pcs Cold White Bridgelux 

Channel 4; 1pc Red Epistar, 1pc Green Epistar, 1pc Ultra Violet Semileds, 1pc Royal Blue Semileds

I would really appreciate it if someone could get back to me ASAP.

• 2 months later...
DominicDuffy

It's an alright light for softies but I'm having to use two sets of lights now because I had shaded areas. I'd put some money to it and get a ai prime hd as that's what I'm going the do.

I second DominicDuffy's post. 

I have this light over a 6.25 Imagitarium and it's ok. The sides of my tank do not get enough light.

I currently have all channels on full power except for Channel 3 (white). I believe its down 3 clicks on the remote. 

If I'm reading your first post correctly, reducing the channel is reducing the amount of light. Or if you would want more blue, then you would reduce the channel for the white.

Can you describe your system? Age, size, water parameters? Was the Monti a new addition? 

Its a 35 litre 40x32x28 cm cube. Been running over a year. DKH is only about 6. Low nitrates and phosphates but there is no skimmer.  The Monti  have been in there a couple of months, it wasn't growing particularly fast before but held its colour. 

I asked the seller on Amazon for the best settings for coral growth and  they suggested theses settings: Channel 1 at 90%-100%, Channel 2 at 80%-90%, Channel 3 at 90%-100%, Channel 4 at 40%-50%. This is certainly more pleasing to the eye but they never gave any reasoning for why these are the best settings.

• 3 weeks later...

Corals that close up and bleach- too much light.

Corals stretching - need more light.

Light doesn't cause algae but helps it to grow as algae is a plant which are photosynthetic.

You can set the light percentage however you like.

The more blue, the more colour pop in corals.