Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Moon lighting

Lugmos12

1 hour ago, romperstomper said:

depends on the lights but my kessils are often just on blues with no whites and lps /softies do just  fine .

I have Current USA Marine Orbit lights on an Fluval EVO 13 with mostly softies and LPS and 2-3 pieces of SPS

romperstomper
9 hours ago, Lugmos12 said:

I have Current USA Marine Orbit lights on an Fluval EVO 13 with mostly softies and LPS and 2-3 pieces of SPS

Yeah I have the same lights although I have upgraded to kessils , I presume you have algae issues or maybe you just like blues but I had those lights on just blues along with some fluvals on just blues and corals were fine ,not sure about SPS as I have never kept them .

• Thanks 1

Type of LED makes a big difference. A 0.4 watt LED will give out substantially less PAR than a 3 watt LED at any given distance. The Orbits all run a lot of lower watt LEDs. I ran mine at 100% blue and 40/45% white. I now have a NanoBox with much stronger LEDs. Had to start at 45% blues and work up to 75%. Whites are only at 18% now. Check out the LED forum page. There is a really good post about types of LED colors and the purpose of their spectrum with respect to corals. Understanding how LEDs with with PAR will answer your question as well.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1