Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Wanted to share the journey so far of my pico reef

Horsey_Cat

I started my pico reef in August. After finally deciding on a tank I got it up and running with some live rock. This is what it looked like not long after it was initially setup

RpIXJ1Y.jpg

Very empty and quite bare

During this stage of the tank I would browse nano-reef, looking at peoples grown out tanks and seeing how beautiful they where. Wishing that mine would look like them.

Fast forward a month and this is when I had my long tentacle plate coral. Along with some other corals which started to make my tank look a bit better in my opinion. I really loved my plate coral, my clown even hosted it and it was so cool to watch... Ohhh and did I mention it GLOWED under the lights!!!

Unfortunately at one point I noticed it started losing some flesh, and soon the tissue loss spread. It took about a week for it to turn into a disk looking skeleton. The whole time I was hoping it would bounce back, but I knew what was ultimately going to happen. 

2Nz9yHD.jpg

Fast forward to today, and this is what it looks like (6 months after the first picture). Im quite happy with the way it looks now. It's also pretty hardy, after being out of state for 2 week and only having someone top off water and feed occasionally I was stunned how good it looked after having hardly any maintenance done.

CYtR1eB.jpg

• Like 3
15 hours ago, vlangel said:

Very nice.  You have come a long way in 6 months or so.  How many gallons is this pico?

The tank is 2.9 gallons. With the AC50 that adds a little more water volume

• Like 1