Coral Vue Hydros

Stocking suggestion

Brian1313

I have an IM Fusion 20 peninsula and currently have some beginner coral and a occelaris clown and cleaner crew.  I have the opportunity to get a pair of Wyoming whites cheap.  I was thinking of giving the lfs my current clown when if I buy the whites.  My wife also likes the splendid dottyback or a sunrise dottyback  Any thoughts on wyoming whites and do you think they could co exist with a dottyback.

Dottybacks are pretty aggressive and territorial. They need a lot of room because they are constant swimmers and need hiding places which they guard well.

Dotty's also go after shrimp.

The one dottyback that's the least aggressive is the orchid.

I’ve really wanted to try a splendid dottyback out as well. There’s not a whole lot of info around on them though, well at least last time I was researching them. They can grow to a decent size so any small shrimp would almost definitely be gone, a large established shrimp might be okay though. From what I’ve read sunrise dottybacks seem to be hit or miss. I used to have a pair of wyoming whites myself, added a baby orchid dottyback with them with no issues. The female was fascinated with him and always follow the little guy around. However the dottyback brought ich in and wiped my tank, so whatever new fish you get please QT it first :) For the short period I had the orchid however he was an angel, I can’t say anything about a mature estbalished one though.

• Like 1