Cultivated Reef

Reef Koi Bounce Mushroom

BlueBuddha

Hi all,

I wanted to share my my awesome pick up :) I was able to get a Reef Koi Bounce. I’m in love with it!! Anyone else have Bounce mushrooms? How long does it take to have babies? What do you feed yours? ?

F41F3BA1-EA57-421A-80D9-4151CC916351.jpeg

4F45E65F-3A1D-4FF2-ADB0-BDF92B94BAC2.jpeg

95F49AD9-D803-473D-9732-E3D960A79799.jpeg

EEFA249C-B1BF-495D-826F-9CF20CC0149F.jpeg

2F331A3F-2A1D-4CAA-BDD0-DDB81A5D4A95.jpeg

715D8D33-C9B4-457E-83AC-2E2397E9F56E.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...
MainelyReefer

Nice bounce!  It looks well sized already too.  I just picked up my first bounce frag on Friday and its microscopic compared to yours haha, but it's still a bounce!  The lady I got mine off said she has to cut to get frags as it never split or made babies of its own in the years she had it.  My bounce is too small to see a feeding response, and I'm still trying to get it to attach to a plug, but I am really hoping they eat like other mushrooms as that may help grow them faster.  Any updates on the mushroom after almost 1 month? Here's a pic of my little bounceIMG_3059.thumb.JPG.9f74bb9ac2afcace4d7e552439043a3e.JPG

• Like 2
MainelyReefer

Got mine for 100$ but it's local and small( I'm a regular at the store and I had been pestering the owner if the bounce had been fragged yet each time I went so maybe I got a deal.)

• Like 1
22 hours ago, GraniteReefer said:

Got mine for 100$ but it's local and small( I'm a regular at the store and I had been pestering the owner if the bounce had been fragged yet each time I went so maybe I got a deal.)

I think you got a deal?

Hey everyone here’s a little update.  The bounce is doing amazing and I think it’s starting to split on it’s own now :) 

I spot feed her about twice a week with reef roids 

7F9EA01B-17DB-433E-AA91-E61A48B34AD4.jpeg

97D92B38-7CBC-4F43-900B-30D68834C3C2.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oh nice... clearing out my tank soon

i live in SoCal and it’s difficult to get them here. FedEx overnight is 3 days from Florida in my littleshit town, so you either buy babies that haven’t bounced or pay for what you can find

Nano Nano Boo Boo
1 hour ago, basser1 said:

You could buy this one for a mere $4200 bucks or $175 bucks a month for 24 months.....

https://www.ebay.com/itm/WWC-Bounce-Mushroom-Live-Coral-WYSIWYG-Zoa-Paly-Saltwater/292668498604?hash=item442466e2ac:g:XjEAAOSwRiNbciUn

Prices are nuts! I remember the chalice craze some years back, prices were crazy then.

That’s so crazy. I’ve always loved mushrooms, guess be waiting on this craze to end. lol. 

So he declined my offer of $10 :lol: looked at his page and this is the only reef related sale posted, his past sales have been polo shirts, shoes and sharpening stones :blink: He is nuts if he thinks he is gonna get that kinda cash with no history of sales of high end coral. 

I just upped my offer to $13.50

• Haha 1
Nano Nano Boo Boo
1 hour ago, basser1 said:
12 minutes ago, Sancho said:

So he declined my offer of $10 :lol: looked at his page and this is the only reef related sale posted, his past sales have been polo shirts, shoes and sharpening stones :blink: He is nuts if he thinks he is gonna get that kinda cash with no history of sales of high end coral. 

I just upped my offer to $13.50

Now I’m going in at $17. 

• Haha 2
Nano Nano Boo Boo
1 minute ago, Sancho said:

You get it? Weird its no longer available :lol:  

I almost pissed myself when I read that. I haggled jokingly all the way to $100 and didn’t hear back. Checked my email totally wondering if the dude took it. No dice. 🤯