inTank Media Baskets

nano box: BAD

cromag27

12/1 sent an inquiry via dave's website about two heatsinks for a biocube32.  he responded with a price on 12/2 but did not give details on how to go about ordering them, which i needed since they are not listed on his website.  i sent three follow-up emails with ZERO replies.  still need the heatsinks but now leary because of the poor communication.

• Sad 1
  • 2 weeks later...

update.....

2/12 - sent an email to rapidled advising them of the situation, just asking if they could just sell me two heatsinks.  they replied the next day (hey image that!!!) and said they would get in touch with dave.

2/19 - dave finally replies (to an email i sent him on 12/17!!!!!!  wait, but he told me he didn't get any of the several emails i had sent him since dec?????) with excuses - didn't get my emails, blah blah, but would send a paypal invoice.

2/22 - i email dave and advise him that i still have not received a paypal invoice as he promised.  i told him to send it again but this time for $40, instead of the agreed upon price of $56.  dave replies the same day (oh, now his email seems to be working just fine!?!?!?!) and said he will add the product to his website but inquires as to the $40 price i requested.

what follows next are a few back-and-forth emails about the price.  my stance is that it is HIS responsibility to make his customers happy and simply to do his job right.  he failed in both aspects on this deal.  i told him that i run an actual reputable business and i use paypal invoicing every day.  works for me!!!  i tried to explain the finer points of customer service but he just doesn't get it.  i also explained that is was HIM who should have offered a discount - i shouldn't have had to request one.  i had no choice but to tell him to literally go pound sand.

24 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

2/22 - i email dave and advise him that i still have not received a paypal invoice as he promised.  i told him to send it again but this time for $40, instead of the agreed upon price of $56.  dave replies the same day (oh, now his email seems to be working just fine!?!?!?!) and said he will add the product to his website but inquires as to the $40 price i requested.

So apparently you felt entitled to change the agreed upon price.... If you weren't a douchecanoe you would probably have it by now. He responds to my messages here within a day. 

• Like 4
1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

So apparently you felt entitled to change the agreed upon price.... If you weren't a douche you would probably have it by now. 

sure.  why should i pay full price when he doesn't know how to run a business properly??????

please explain how i am the "douche" when it was dave who didn't reply to my emails and lies about sending paypal invoices?  please explain in detail to back up your claim.

11 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

sure.  why should i pay full price when he doesn't know how to run a business properly??????

please explain how i am the "douche" when it was dave who didn't reply to my emails and lies about sending paypal invoices?  please explain in detail to back up your claim.

Lol,

a lot of us have these lights, a lot of us talk to Dave, a lot of us are very happy with the lights.  Based on my three orders, and interactions with Dave I have to assume you are not telling the truth or leaving important parts out of the story.  You can send him a PM via this forum, he will reply promptly.   For all we know every one of your emails went to spam.  

There is also a contact us page on his website?  Was that what you used?

http://nanoboxreef.com/contact-us.html

Wait, what?

what follows next are a few back-and-forth emails about the price.  my stance is that it is HIS responsibility to make his customers happy and simply to do his job right.  he failed in both aspects on this deal.  i told him that i run an actual reputable business and i use paypal invoicing every day.  works for me!!!  i tried to explain the finer points of customer service but he just doesn't get it.  i also explained that is was HIM who should have offered a discount - i shouldn't have had to request one.  i had no choice but to tell him to literally go pound sand.

Seriously, find the appropriate tool and go #### yourself.  

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

Who are you to tell him how to run a business? I promise you his business is older, larger, and much more profitable than yours. 

If you read your posts on the timeline, you can't even keep your story straight. You as a customer are not entitled to any discount. If you want the heatsinks, you can pay for them.  

I message Dave here every once in a while about LEDs or other things, and he always responds within a day. Something is fishy. 

I had an issue with nanobox in that there was no way for me to turn my lights on for a few days. That being said, Dave was right there with an answer or some guidance to figure out the problem whenever I would email or pm him, and I messaged him alot. 

It is his duty to keep his customers happy.  It's not his duty however to lower his prices because you in particular don't like how he runs his business. Buying a heatsink from any of the other hundreds of companies that sells them and sending him an email informing him of the other company moving quicker would be the right way of going about it.  Being adamant that you need his specific heatsink just goes to show that he shouldn't adjust his prices at all. 

• Like 1

this is perfect.  these are the replies i was expecting to get from this group, and you came through.  my review has nothing to do with any of you.  just because you have a different opinion on the situation than i do, it does invalidate my point.  and of course the usual suspects resort to name calling.  lol.  wouldn't expect anything less.

2 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

this is perfect.  these are the replies i was expecting to get from this group, and you came through.  my review has nothing to do with any of you.  just because you have a different opinion on the situation than i do, it does invalidate my point.  and of course the usual suspects resort to name calling.  lol.  wouldn't expect anything less.

"i tried to explain the finer points of customer service but he just doesn't get it.  i also explained that is was HIM who should have offered a discount - i shouldn't have had to request one.  i had no choice but to tell him to literally go pound sand."

^^^^^^ I can explain to you.... thy are a douchecanoe. 

Woah, that rhymes. 

YOU HAVE NEVER BOUGHT A PRODUCT FROM THEM. YOU CANNOT GIVE A REVIEW. 

16 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

Matt - We did not see eye to eye. I felt bad I missed the email, I added the product the morning we found out you did not receive the PayPal invoice. I also sent you what you needed if you did not want to order from me to help out. Here's the actual emails. 

"

Matt,
    My apologies! Mike from Rapid sent me an email saying you contacted them. I sent the invoice a while back with PayPal. 

Should I re-send to this address again? Two heatsinks correct?

10352455595_946475ffb9_n.jpg

AIbEiAIAAABECN7P2f7G3peW6wEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKihlNmIwZDE1YTg2ZjYxODdiMWY4NTQ3MjdhMDE1Y2ZiMzc0ZTk5NTExMAEeUFIZ7wF18672YPx54Gj8laiULA?sz=48

Octo Aquatics (Matt Coddington) <matt@octoaquatics.com>

Feb 19 (6 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave
cleardot.gif
yes still need them. i had sent you three emails since december and never heard back, and did not receive a paypal invoice. please send to this email. thanks. 
cleardot.gif

AIbEiAIAAABECN7P2f7G3peW6wEiC3ZjYXJkX3Bob3RvKihlNmIwZDE1YTg2ZjYxODdiMWY4NTQ3MjdhMDE1Y2ZiMzc0ZTk5NTExMAEeUFIZ7wF18672YPx54Gj8laiULA?sz=48

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave

still nothing. you can still send an invoice, but make it for $40. 
cleardot.gif

profile_mask_2x.png

Dave Fason <david@nanoboxreef.com>

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo

Matt,
    Not sure what is going on. I am going at add a link to my store for you to purchase. However the original price was $56 shipped. Where are you getting the $40 from? 

cleardot.gif

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave

i’ve been tryouts no to pay for this since december. your customer service has been horrible. if you still want the sale, $40 it is. 
cleardot.gif

profile_mask_2x.png

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo
cleardot.gif
Matt,
    My apologies and honestly not sure why you have not received the invoices. However I can not do $40 shipped for these two heatsinks. 
I added the heatsinks to the NanoBox parts page for you. If you would like to order you can do so.

-Dave

cleardot.gif

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave
cleardot.gif
the invoices aren’t the problem. the problem is that i have sent several emails since december that were never returned. also, because i run a reputable business, i know for a fact that paypal invoicing is currently working as it should. i am not paying full price. in fact, it should have been YOU who offered a discount because of your actions. that is just smart business. 
cleardot.gif

profile_mask_2x.png

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo
cleardot.gif
Matt,
    Again, once I received the email from the Rapid team I messaged you right away. I am not sure why I did not receive the previous emails and have sent the PayPal invoices. I run 95% of my business through PayPal and have for the past seven years. 

I added the product this morning so we can get around the PayPal invoice. You can still use PayPal or CC# and the order will ship today. 

If you still do not want to order look for a heatsink that is under .5" in height. The heatsink needs to be 15" long. You can drill the heatsink with #43 drill and 4-40 tap to mount your LEDs. The spacing is 14.5" to mount directly to the B32 hood. 

-Dave

cleardot.gif

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave

so the facts are - the email issue was in your end and you’re still not willing to provide good customer service. i’ll keep that in mind. regarding the heat sinks, go pound sand. 

profile_mask_2x.png

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo

Matt,
     Sorry you feel this way. Sometimes things are out of my power. I added the product to the store this morning once I saw your email, sent you a link to order and gave you the specs if you still did not want to order with me. Here are the specs again. 

Heatsink Specs :

15" Length
.5" Height
14.5" distance for holes ( Mounting to B32 )
#43 hole size and 4-40 screws work well for mounting. 

Best regards,
-Dave
  • Haha 1
burtbollinger

Seems the seller is trying his best to be a decent human being while the would-be buyer looks like someone who needs their meds adjusted...props on the pathetic strong arm attempt to get the price knocked down to 40 bucks.  

• Like 3
1 minute ago, DaveFason said:

Matt - We did not see eye to eye. I felt bad I missed the email, I added the product the morning we found out you did not receive the PayPal invoice. I also sent you what you needed if you did not want to order from me to help out. Here's the actual emails. 

"

Matt,
    My apologies! Mike from Rapid sent me an email saying you contacted them. I sent the invoice a while back with PayPal. 

Should I re-send to this address again? Two heatsinks correct?

Feb 19 (6 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave
cleardot.gif
yes still need them. i had sent you three emails since december and never heard back, and did not receive a paypal invoice. please send to this email. thanks. 
cleardot.gif

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave

still nothing. you can still send an invoice, but make it for $40. 
cleardot.gif

profile_mask_2x.png

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo

Matt,
    Not sure what is going on. I am going at add a link to my store for you to purchase. However the original price was $56 shipped. Where are you getting the $40 from? 

cleardot.gif

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave

i’ve been tryouts no to pay for this since december. your customer service has been horrible. if you still want the sale, $40 it is. 
cleardot.gif

profile_mask_2x.png

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo
cleardot.gif
Matt,
    My apologies and honestly not sure why you have not received the invoices. However I can not do $40 shipped for these two heatsinks. 
I added the heatsinks to the NanoBox parts page for you. If you would like to order you can do so.

-Dave

cleardot.gif

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave
cleardot.gif
the invoices aren’t the problem. the problem is that i have sent several emails since december that were never returned. also, because i run a reputable business, i know for a fact that paypal invoicing is currently working as it should. i am not paying full price. in fact, it should have been YOU who offered a discount because of your actions. that is just smart business. 
cleardot.gif

profile_mask_2x.png

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo
cleardot.gif
Matt,
    Again, once I received the email from the Rapid team I messaged you right away. I am not sure why I did not receive the previous emails and have sent the PayPal invoices. I run 95% of my business through PayPal and have for the past seven years. 

I added the product this morning so we can get around the PayPal invoice. You can still use PayPal or CC# and the order will ship today. 

If you still do not want to order look for a heatsink that is under .5" in height. The heatsink needs to be 15" long. You can drill the heatsink with #43 drill and 4-40 tap to mount your LEDs. The spacing is 14.5" to mount directly to the B32 hood. 

-Dave

cleardot.gif

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Dave

so the facts are - the email issue was in your end and you’re still not willing to provide good customer service. i’ll keep that in mind. regarding the heat sinks, go pound sand. 

profile_mask_2x.png

Feb 22 (3 days ago)
cleardot.gif

cleardot.gif
cleardot.gif
to Octo

Matt,
     Sorry you feel this way. Sometimes things are out of my power. I added the product to the store this morning once I saw your email, sent you a link to order and gave you the specs if you still did not want to order with me. Here are the specs again. 

Heatsink Specs :

15" Length
.5" Height
14.5" distance for holes ( Mounting to B32 )
#43 hole size and 4-40 screws work well for mounting. 

Best regards,
-Dave

wrong.

not only did you miss THE email from me, you missed THREE.  then you mysteriously reply to one of them two months later???  AND you claimed that you sent the paypal invoice multiple times.  how is it that i did not receive any of them?  like i mentioned before, i send and receive paypal invoice  almost on the daily with ZERO issues.  my blatant outrageousness in demanding a lower price was with a specific intent.  not to actually get them for $40, but to see how you handled the situation.  all you did was fall back on the same excuses - i don't know why i didnt get your emails, i don't know why you didn't get the paypal invoice.  huh.  email and invoices work just fine on my end.

someone else mentioned this was fishy, he's right.

5 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

wrong.

not only did you miss THE email from me, you missed THREE.  then you mysteriously reply to one of them two months later???  AND you claimed that you sent the paypal invoice multiple times.  how is it that i did not receive any of them?  like i mentioned before, i send and receive paypal invoice  almost on the daily with ZERO issues.  my blatant outrageousness in demanding a lower price was with a specific intent.  not to actually get them for $40, but to see how you handled the situation.  all you did was fall back on the same excuses - i don't know why i didnt get your emails, i don't know why you didn't get the paypal invoice.  huh.  email and invoices work just fine on my end.

WE were talking about YOU with "fishy". 

"My blatant outrageousness in demanding a lower price was with a specific intent.  not to actually get them for $40, but to see how you handled the situation."

You were an outrageous douchecanoe..... Now you're trying to take it back so you don't seem like a cheap *******. Hey, didn't Braaap's lid from you warp to shit? 

• Like 3
3 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

Octo Aquatics....

this is is the thread thats gonna come up from now on.

smart.

i'm ok with that.  my customers are not here.

1 minute ago, cromag27 said:

wrong.

Oh your Matt from octoaquatics?  Nice to see you posting on here.

I have been trying to get in touch with you for months about placing an order for some magnets.  I don't want to pay more than 12 dollars though because I couldn't get in touch with you.  

(See how ridiculous that all sounds?)

Clearly you never talked to me. As far as Dave is concerned he never got your emails.  Obviously something did go awry because he makes money off of selling things.  Just a heatsink is crazy easy because it requires very little work on his part. I doubt he talked to all his other clients and decided to just say a big FU to you and you only. 

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, HarryPotter said:

WE were talking about YOU with "fishy". 

"My blatant outrageousness in demanding a lower price was with a specific intent.  not to actually get them for $40, but to see how you handled the situation."

You were an outrageous douchecanoe..... Now you're trying to take it back so you don't seem like a cheap *******. Hey, didn't Braaap's lid from you warp to shit? 

i re-did it and gave him a MASSIVE discount.  and i didn't even have to.  but i did, why?  good customer service.   BOOM!!

3 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

i'm ok with that.  my customers are not here.

Really? I just looked at your website. Lots of your products would be perfect for the people who use this forum. 

1 minute ago, cromag27 said:

wrong.

Matt - We will not see eye to eye. I run a business ( like yourself ) and send multiple PayPal invoices as well a day. I work with online vendors, customers and side work , etc. I am not lying when I sent an invoice. I WANT to get more orders. Once I noticed whatever I was doing or not doing correctly I immediately added a product listing for you to purchase. 

I am in the same industry as you. This is my full time gig.  I love reefing and building things for people. I am not trying to screw you over and not trying to dupe you over. I dont make much money on the heatsinks and can not loose money on a transaction due to an email error. I also sent you all the specs to buy the heatsink elsewhere if you decided not to order with me. 

Best regards, 

-Dave

3 minutes ago, cromag27 said:

i re-did it and gave him a MASSIVE discount.  and i didn't even have to.  but i did, why?  good customer service.   BOOM!!

Oh, so the lid from Octo Aquatics warped? I heard he ended up with Advanced Acrylics one. I don't think your "massive discount" was very helpful. 

Keywords: Custom aquarium Lid, Octo-Aquatics, Octo Aquatics, quality, review, Octo Lids

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
3 minutes ago, patback said:

Oh your Matt from octoaquatics?  Nice to see you posting on here.

I have been trying to get in touch with you for months about placing an order for some magnets.  I don't want to pay more than 12 dollars though because I couldn't get in touch with you.  

(See how ridiculous that all sounds?)

Clearly you never talked to me. As far as Dave is concerned he never got your emails.  Obviously something did go awry because he makes money off of selling things.  Just a heatsink is crazy easy because it requires very little work on his part. I doubt he talked to all his other clients and decided to just say a big FU to you and you only. 

and if that were true, i'd make it right with you.  simple as that.

1 minute ago, Cintax said:

Really? I just looked at your website. Lots of your products would be perfect for the people who use this forum. 

correct.  but people can find me other ways - they always do. 

1 minute ago, HarryPotter said:

Oh, so the lid from Octo Aquatics warped? Interestingly, I heard he ended up with Advanced Acrylics one. I don't think your "massive discount" was very helpful. 

yup made a new one for him and as far as i knew he was perfectly happy.  nice try though.

3 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Matt - We will not see eye to eye. I run a business ( like yourself ) and send multiple PayPal invoices as well a day. I work with online vendors, customers and side work , etc. I am not lying when I sent an invoice. I WANT to get more orders. Once I noticed whatever I was doing or not doing correctly I immediately added a product listing for you to purchase. 

I am in the same industry as you. This is my full time gig.  I love reefing and building things for people. I am not trying to screw you over and not trying to dupe you over. I dont make much money on the heatsinks and can not loose money on a transaction due to an email error. I also sent you all the specs to buy the heatsink elsewhere if you decided not to order with me. 

Best regards, 

-Dave

i'm not saying none of that isn't true.  i was just expecting a different response because i have purchased from you before and it was a very different experice.

• Christopher Marks locked this topic