Cultivated Reef

Second Fish Recommendation?

norann

Recently, my parents took a long talk and finally let me get a fish (I couldn't get any other pet due to my cat). We've come to realize my cat doesn't care so, I have been saving up money and I want another fish. I was interested in a "cow" clown fish or a black moor goldfish, but as I did my research they both require lots of space and I don't wanna take in one if I don't have the proper housing area for it (that would be cruel). I was wondering if there are any other fish that I could take care of besides the betta I have at the moment? (Anything that can be held in a 5-10g tank, im fine if they need any chemicals, also fine if they need a heater, filter, etc.) 

Are you looking to put another fish in with the Betta? Or setting up a whole new system? Salt or fresh. There are a lot of fish that can go in 5 or 10 gallon tanks. In saltwater mainly gobies and there is a lot of variety there.  Check out www.liveaquaria.com and look in their nano fish offerings

Are you interested in adding fish to your 10g betta tank? 

There are fish that can be mixed with betta's but in a 10g you are very limited. A few tetras, certain shrimp.