Innovative Marine Aquariums

Plumbing 1" Drain bulkhead

Lilfish

Ok, I am plumbing the drain on my 35g cube. I am wondering what do you guys attach to the bottom of the 1" bulkhead? I have 1 inch PVC and 45degree elbows. The problem is that the 1"PVC is the exact same size as the bulkhead so cannot go over it or inside of it. The 45degree elbow fits, but not very snuggly, It will fall off if it vertical. I figure this is too loose to use PVC adhesive, thoughts? 

Pictures? As far as I know there isnt a fitting thatll fit OVER it. 

1" PVC will fit INSIDE a true 1" bulkhead. If it doesn't fit your pvc or bulkhead isn't 1"

So PVC fits for the top portion, but not under the tank to the bottom. This is the plumbing kit I am using,  so the bottom of the 1" bulkhead is the exact size of the PVC piping, does not fit inside the PVC. So I could glue the 1" elbow on, but like I said its not a tight fit. Or I could silicon it on, not sure if thats a good or bad idea? It shouldnt be high pressure since its the drain line. Thoughts?

https://www.amazon.com/Deep-Blue-Professional-Ready-Plumbing/dp/B006QOJV5Y

Don't even consider siliconing. Use pvc cement only to ensure a true bond (it melts the pvc together). The elbow fits over the bottom of the bulkhead right? You could use a 1" coupler easily found at home depot or lowes instead of the elbow. Sounds like you have a very strange bulkhead... the

Prime, plenty of glue, insert, 1/2 turn, hold for 45-60 seconds. 

Once the glue cures forget about it. It won't leak. If it makes you feel better. Wait a hour and run a bead of silicone over it. 

• Like 1