SaltCritters.com

Fluval Evo 13.5 Owners Thread

Smitten4Witten

ThisPlaceIsAPrison

**what is your current list of livestock?  I ask because I have two clownfish, a coral banded shrimp, and a CUC made up of hermit crabs and snails.  I would like to add a blenny or a goby but I do not want to create an unsafe bioload

On 2/8/2018 at 9:52 PM, TheBig053 said:

Added a second AI Prime HD over mine today. Please excuse the dirty sand bed, it's an ongoing battle. 

igYcV8n.jpg

Also in need of some decluttering and getting some frags glued down. 

a8u2qDd.jpg

Wowzers on that lighting investment!

2 hours ago, ThisPlaceIsAPrison said:

**what is your current list of livestock?  I ask because I have two clownfish, a coral banded shrimp, and a CUC made up of hermit crabs and snails.  I would like to add a blenny or a goby but I do not want to create an unsafe bioload

Wowzers on that lighting investment!

I have two standard oscellaris clowns and a purple fire fish. I am likely going to move the two clowns to my 20L and replace them with 1 fancy clown. Keeping up with nutrients has been chore and looks to only get worse as the pair of clowns gets larger.

Yeah, I bought the second Prime used and the purchases were spread apart by several months. My plan is to eventually upgrade to a larger tank when we move to a bigger house in a year or so. My lighting plan right for larger tank is one of the aquatic life LED/T5 hybrid fixtures incorporating both primes over the new tank. It's an investment! Hah.

2 hours ago, ThisPlaceIsAPrison said:

What is your opinion on the light?  I have been looking to upgrade the stock light but didn't want to drop a lot of money.  My fear is with this you can't really do a ramp up and down.

After watching this review, it got me interested. For the price, you can't go wrong. So far its been great. I have it on an analog timer. I tried to use a Fluval timer to see if it'll ramp up/down, but it wasn't compatible. I'm taking this light an putting on my MarineLand Portrate 5gal tank and thinking of getting A MicMol Gen 3. Although a decent light for the price, it lacks features I'm looking for. One of the reason's I'm checking out the MicMol mini. Its currently on sale for $149.99 on  Premium Aquatics website. https://www.amazon.com/New-Arrival-Aquarium-Lighting-Programable/dp/B078F9KY26/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_199_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3Q1JTK7SNMZ0E7SGAYKK 

ServingAces15

Gonna join in with all of you! You all have gorgeous tanks! Here's my year old Fluval Evo. Currently running the stock light but I found that the tank overheats really quickly in the summer time so I took a table saw to the hood and created a 'T top' tank. I also added a fan to cool it in the summer. As you can see I am heavily battling GHA but this picture is 2 weeks old and it's starting to die back a bit as I just installed an InTank media basket (which I HIGHLY) recommend. I actually love this tank for what it is.

IMG_6971.JPG

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Smitten4Witten

@TheBig053 I had a prime HD over my tank for a whopping one day, fiancee said it made the whole kitchen/living room blue...which it did. Oh well there are plenty of ways to grow corals. I do love that light and will definitely get another when I move the tank to its own room.

StephLionfish
42 minutes ago, Smitten4Witten said:

@TheBig053 I had a prime HD over my tank for a whopping one day, fiancee said it made the whole kitchen/living room blue...which it did. Oh well there are plenty of ways to grow corals. I do love that light and will definitely get another when I move the tank to its own room.

My bf tried to pull the same complaint. It's distracting from our TV in the adjoining room! 

On 2/13/2018 at 7:42 PM, PshThisGuy said:

After watching this review, it got me interested. For the price, you can't go wrong. So far its been great. I have it on an analog timer. I tried to use a Fluval timer to see if it'll ramp up/down, but it wasn't compatible. I'm taking this light an putting on my MarineLand Portrate 5gal tank and thinking of getting A MicMol Gen 3. Although a decent light for the price, it lacks features I'm looking for. One of the reason's I'm checking out the MicMol mini. Its currently on sale for $149.99 on  Premium Aquatics website. https://www.amazon.com/New-Arrival-Aquarium-Lighting-Programable/dp/B078F9KY26/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_199_t_1?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1&refRID=3Q1JTK7SNMZ0E7SGAYKK 

So I just got this light for my fluval evo. It doesn’t have ramp up and ramp down but for $62 it’s an amazing upgrade from stock. Really makes the coral pop. I also made a mount so it’s mounted lengthwise

470E2C17-13E2-4244-8AED-7C308A715EA5.jpeg

56F21F5C-88CE-4D00-A909-BB3D079B8D19.jpeg

2A51EDB0-5EAF-4945-BF6C-19F7BF0AA63F.jpeg

• Like 2
On 2/19/2018 at 10:35 AM, Smitten4Witten said:

Make and model?

Its a Hipargero LED. Currently $63 on amazon. https://goo.gl/HRp8co

On 2/19/2018 at 10:59 AM, Lugmos12 said:

My tank currently. Pretty sure i'm gonna redo my rockscape bc i have too much rock

Looks nice though. But I feel the same about my scape. Keeping it the same until I figure out a better scape with less rock. 

On 2/18/2018 at 11:48 PM, Benm1020 said:

So I just got this light for my fluval evo. It doesn’t have ramp up and ramp down but for $62 it’s an amazing upgrade from stock. Really makes the coral pop. I also made a mount so it’s mounted lengthwise

470E2C17-13E2-4244-8AED-7C308A715EA5.jpeg

Interesting mount! Looks cleaner than mounting it on the side of the tank. What are you settings? 

Went to a local fish stores and picked up some frags on sale. 

20180221_113502.thumb.jpg.fc52f22b6c7339672d31988122b7d35b.jpg20180221_113351.thumb.jpg.9830fca64e838a79577dfe6d55ead401.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
ThisPlaceIsAPrison
38 minutes ago, Smitten4Witten said:

Looking good!

New update coming very soon, and a little spoiler is that is now Nanobox powered!

You've gone to the darkside of upgraded lights B)