Innovative Marine Aquariums

Poly bailout

smac0806

So my hammer coral did a polyp bailout about 2 weeks ago due to my rookie move of not keeping an eye on the salinity. Truth is I somehow put salt water in my jugs for fresh top off water...??‍♀️ That being said, it doesn’t look amazing but it is STILL alive. How long will it take to begin growiv a new skeleton IF it does? 

32D338F4-62B0-41AA-9C1A-EFCA9E0F112D.jpeg

18538DBB-6FF4-43C6-9C4C-CDCD11B57DAF.jpeg

I've seen Euphillia come back from very strange circumstances... That said I've never seen one start a new skeleton via bailing from the parent colony. That also being said... It looks pretty content. Soooo IDK really if it'll survive but I'd assume the skeleton would take a couple months before you notice any structure. 

I guess it's not a stretch for coral to propagate in such a manner. 

Beats me... Free Bump

• Haha 1
11 hours ago, Pinner Reef said:

I've seen Euphillia come back from very strange circumstances... That said I've never seen one start a new skeleton via bailing from the parent colony. That also being said... It looks pretty content. Soooo IDK really if it'll survive but I'd assume the skeleton would take a couple months before you notice any structure. 

I guess it's not a stretch for coral to propagate in such a manner. 

Beats me... Free Bump

Thanks!!

11 hours ago, Pjanssen said:

is there any hard skeleton to them at all? If not, I doubt that it will generate one, although it can live quit a long time like that as long as you feed them and they don't get blown around

No skeleton what so ever. They seem pretty content where they are and I sorta buried them in the substrate. I wanted to wait to see if they survived before I bothered gluing them to a rock. Fingers crossed!