Pod Your Reef

voltage and current levels for v3.1

pfoxgrover

I did some looking around and couldn't find the voltage and current levels for v3.1 channels. Can you help me with that? Also are these the maximum currant ratings?

I am upgrading to a 375g tank that measures 5' x 5' x 2' (l x w x h) for SPS, clams, and a few softies. How many of these would I need to have for around 300 par 6 inches underwater?

Thanks,

Paul

That is a massive tank! I would personally run a couple T5 tubes as well. 

20-25 Arrays needed. 

CH1 - White

• 8.6v @ 350mA (2.8 watts)
  • 9v @ 700mA (5.8 watts)
  • 9.3v @ 1A (8.3 watts)

CH2 - Mint

• 5.5v @ 350mA (~2 watts)
  • 6.1v @ 700mA (~4 watts)
  • 6.3v @ 1A (~6.2watts)

CH3 -  Royal Blue

• 10.9v @ 350mA (~4 watts)
  • 11.2v @ 700mA (~8 watts)
  • 11.5v @ 1A (~12 watts)

CH4  - Violet

• 6.8v @ 350mA (2.4 watts)
  • 7.2v @ 700mA (5 watts)

CH5 - Blue/Cyan

• 5.4v @ 350mA (~2 watts)
  • 6v @ 700mA (~4 watts)
  • 6.2v @ 1A (~6.2watts)

I do not like running anything over 700mA but on a large tank like this running the royals at 1A would not be an issue. 

Dave,

Thank you for the info and the quick reply!

Yeah, the tank is pretty big. I made it myself and still finishing up the stand. I am upgrading from a 240g and looking forward to having room for more corals.

If I also ran the white channel at 1A do you think that would be a problem? I am going for more of a 14000k~18000k look. Not sure if that would be required to get there or not but I do like a bright tank and don't want to use a million lights :) 

I think I read in another thread that you had experimented with some reflectors? Is there a LEDiL reflector (or something like that) that would fit around the light cluster that I could silicon in place or something like that?

For tank access I really need to mount the lights higher. My current lights are mounted 20 inches above the tank with 90 degree lenses and that is the ball park I am shooting for.

Thanks again for the help!

-Paul

38 minutes ago, pfoxgrover said:

Dave,

Thank you for the info and the quick reply!

Yeah, the tank is pretty big. I made it myself and still finishing up the stand. I am upgrading from a 240g and looking forward to having room for more corals.

If I also ran the white channel at 1A do you think that would be a problem? I am going for more of a 14000k~18000k look. Not sure if that would be required to get there or not but I do like a bright tank and don't want to use a million lights :) 

I think I read in another thread that you had experimented with some reflectors? Is there a LEDiL reflector (or something like that) that would fit around the light cluster that I could silicon in place or something like that?

For tank access I really need to mount the lights higher. My current lights are mounted 20 inches above the tank with 90 degree lenses and that is the ball park I am shooting for.

Thanks again for the help!

-Paul

Running the white at 1A is total overkill. I run all white channels at 350mA. It will be WAY to white at maxed like that. 

I do not run reflectors. Even at a 2' tank you will be fine with the amount of arrays I put above but 20" is a bit high. Would 8-10" be possible? Nothing will fit over them unless heavily modded. 

I don't think 8 to 10 inches would work. I want to be able to access the corals without moving the lights otherwise I am likely avoid all kinds of maintenance. 

I have considered using Lumia but your products come very highly recommended so I'm trying to figure out my options. I will probably build a light or two first to try it out on my current tank.

I think I am up for attempting some heavy modifications, within reason.

To start I am wondering what reflector would get me close enough to start with? What diameter hole in the base of the reflector would fit around the led cluster?

Thanks again for your time!

-Paul;

10 hours ago, micoastreefing said:

This guy built a fanless nanobox hybrid a while back, he used reflectors to try to contain light spills.  you might be able to find similar reflector and/or spec on his threads.

Micoastreefing,

Thanks for the reply. I did read that one. About half way threw he switched to the apparently no longer in business acrostar. I'll have to dig through it again.