Innovative Marine Aquariums

Could use some help for my 5g .

Theshivinator

Theshivinator

Hello everyone !

So my tank has been up and running for over a month now and everything is looking and doing great ! But I’m not in love with how my aquascaping is looking . I have in there so far a GSP frag , daisy , leather , and a toadstool . 

Any opinions would be greatly appreciated ! 

9F9FFCBC-7916-4C06-9E1C-0E91D89BA3B7.jpeg

1829D0E8-722B-42E9-8DEB-3AEB3DF1FCF4.jpeg

GSP looks small and pretty right now. But give your tank a few months to settle down and it will spread like crazy. You can either move it to an rock that will isolate it from the main the structure or surround it by corals that will sting it, like hammer, so it will be maintained. Outside of that looks really nice. What light are you running? While its good for growing stuff, a different light might give you more pop in color. Something more along the lines of 20k T5's or leds. 

• Thanks 1
Theshivinator

Thanks ! @tarunteam I’m still so new to the salt water tank so I’m just using the stock everything that came with the fluval . I’m very surprised to see everything doing so well so far . I do plan on upgrading lights and a powerhead to get some better flow , have just been doing a lot of research on what would be best . 

No problem! Are you just using a 5 gallon breeder, what is your budget, what corals would you like to keep, what is your maintenance schedule atm, current stocking beside coral, and what are your params? Also do you plan on keeping fish or coral only? 

Theshivinator

@tarunteam I have a 5gallon fluval tank has a 7000k light that came on it . I know I need stronger but my coral is really thriving and has grown a tremendous amount even since I got them . I do want to upgrade though . All I have in the tank now is a peppermint shrimp and a smalastrea snail . As for my parameters I take my water weekly to my local reef store and it’s very small and local and she checks everything for me :) ? my temp is kept at 78.4. I just did my first water change last week . I’ve been keeping my lights on aroun 6-8 hours a day . I would likely do mostly coral and one small maybe clown goby . Also , I’m willing to spend a decent amount of money for something beneficial . I’m open to all suggestions for coral etc as this is my first tank I have nothing in particular I’m looking to put in .Thanks ! 

• Haha 1

If those are clove polyps ("Daisy's") I see in pic #2, I'd isolate them too. Like the GSP it can spread rapidly. Other than that I think it looks great. Plenty of room for coral expansion and acquisition. Also look at adding more snails as the system matures. Trochus, Cerith's, and Dwarf Cerith's (great for small tanks) are all good CUC members.

CarolinaShoreReef

Hey! I've got fluval nano reef series on my channel it's still in its preliminary stages if you want to follow along with its progression and get some ideas!