Pod Your Reef

What did you name your mantis shrimp?

Thunder Goose

Thunder Goose

I found a mantis shrimp in my tank about 2 weeks ago. It must've come in as a hitchhiker when I got live rock from Florida last summer. My tentative ID is O. havanensis and she is bright red and only about 2 inches long.

I've decided to keep her.

Now I need a name... Help with get some ideas by telling me what you named yours?

• 2 months later...

My kids named my old G. Ternatensis "Googly" because of his eyes.  He was ####ing amazing.  Thinking about getting a Smithii this time around.

• Like 1
  • 6 months later...

a friend suggested i called my hitchhiking smasher mantis Muhammad Ali. i think thats a great name, but i dont want to get attached, cause as soon as i manage to catch him, im gettin rid of him

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/15/2018 at 5:27 PM, BlennyBoi said:

a friend suggested i called my hitchhiking smasher mantis Muhammad Ali. i think thats a great name, but i dont want to get attached, cause as soon as i manage to catch him, im gettin rid of him

actually, ill just banish him to the sump, along with all the other bad boys (CBS that ate a clown and 2 rouge hermits)