Pod Your Reef

Dennerle Scaper's 15g Reef

wheelsdeal

Hey all.

I am George from Athens,Greece.I have been checking the forums for some time now but never posted.Setting my first Nano is a good chance to get a bit active.

I've been in freshwater tanks for 10 years and the last 4 years i had a 75g lps dominant tank which was doing great till a Holothuria Cucumber went suicidal on a Vortech MP10 killing all lifestock besides my 2 clownfish.I have decided to get a break from a high maintenence system and set up a simple and easy to maintan Nano Reef.AIO systems is limited to non existent here so the Dennerle Scaper was a good choice considering.The rest of the equipment i already had from my quarantine tank.

Equipment:

Dennerle Scaper's 15g

Tunze Comline 3163

Eheim Jager 50w

Vortech MP10w

Kingbo 18w par38 w gooseneck

I am using carbon/phosguard/filter floss in the filter...the lighting is also temporary and looking to upgrade.Here is some photos...

A.jpg

B.jpg

C.JPG

• Like 5

Looks great! I love the aquascape. Very nicely done.

I used to have a 55g and I love my nano tanks. I started with one and I have 3 nano's and a jar. Lol. 

Do you have any plans for corals?

Thanks...I like the aquascape also.Just 3 pieces of rock i had curing in the 75g sump,worked great on this tank.

Corals definitely once i upgrade the lighting.I like mixed reefs with emphasis on LPS...Some ricordeas and maybe if everything goes well a couple of Monti on top.

I wanna get by with a doser for Alk and a weekly water change so no demanding corals for now.

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

Welcome to the community @wheelsdeal! I like the system you have set up, the Dennerle Scaper tank looks nice and clean. I think you'll find the maintenance on a nano reef aquarium to be much easier to manage :) 

I'm looking forward to following your journal!

This looks great! Dennerle makes some nicely dimensioned tanks. You did a good job with the equipment in the tank as well. Very minimally invasive/blended in.

• 4 weeks later...

Update on the Scaper's tank...led light and lifestock.

Upgraded the light on a chinese 27w led fixture.Eventually i may get a Kessil or an AI but for now this seems to light the tank great.

Added lifestock is:

x2 Ocellaris Percula from my 75g

x2 Nassarius Snails

x4 Trochus Snails

x1 Frogspawn

Everything is going smooth and the expected algae nastyness of a newly cycled tank is taken care from the snails.I will give some time to the frogspawn to see how it reacts to the parameters and the lighting and slowly add more corals.I wont be adding any more fish as i am trying to keep it as low nutrient as possible.

20180227_000816.jpg

20180226_191620 (2).jpg

20180222_183730.jpg

• Like 2
  • 11 months later...
  • 1 year later...