ReefCleaners.org

New life spectrum marine pellets?

FISHnChix

So quick question I curently have a small 2 inch clown fish and a dottyback. I typically feed frozen mysis and some flake food omega one super veggie my lfs recommend.  I try and onky feed the mysis about every 3rd day and days in between use the flake food.. 

1. My fish are carnivores so is flake food ok??

2. I started throwing in some 1mm pellets, I only put a super small pinch and the fish seem to waste most of it. Almost like they don't like it as much as flakes or mysis.  How much should I feed these to small fish? And does it take fish awhile to get used to the pellets?

3. Do you put these sinking pellets on the waters surface or like try and make them sink??

Thanks for any advice...

I like the smallest pellets they sell. 

Depends on the fish.

For my clowns they like it at the surface so I put a few there but my blenny waits at the bottom so I flick them in to sink his.

I feed every day enough that lasts a minute.

14 minutes ago, Clown79 said:

I like the smallest pellets they sell. 

Depends on the fish.

For my clowns they like it at the surface so I put a few there but my blenny waits at the bottom so I flick them in to sink his.

I feed every day enough that lasts a minute.

How much reaches the ground and stays there?????

I have both the 1mm and the 0.5mm NLS pellets. My fish more readily take them after they have been soaked for a few minutes. If not, they have to spit them out and chew on them a bit.

I have a goby that likes the 0.5mm pellets and the clowfish (2.5 to 3 inches) likes the 1mm. I feed every day and count the pellets. The clown gets 5 to 6 big pellets a day with 4 or 5 smaller ones. The goby gets 1 big pellet and 5 or 6 smaller pellets. I use a syringe to spot feed them so they get almost all the pellets. Currently trying to "train" the clown to eat in a certain spot; which is surprisingly working. 

I supplement with Rods and/or mysis shrimp two or three days a week. 

• Thanks 1
  • 2 years later...

I’ve been feeding New Life Spectrum to my clown fish for years now. Finally ran out and when I went to BRS it shows discontinued. I see a few other stores have it, but just wanted to check and see has anybody found an alternative in case this disappears from the market?

7EDC06CF-7621-4B91-839E-46D34D6ADF33.jpeg