ReefCleaners.org

Closing in on a year... Finally looking good! Max Nano / Toadstool Help

p-rizzle

I'm coming up on the year mark, and things are finally starting to settle out. The crew has finally cleared the nuisance algae from the rocks, and the diatoms are under control. I only get some green algae on the glass now. It can be pretty hard.  Have to use a razor to clear at times.

The frostbite frozen clowns seem to be happy and growing. The female is a big time biter, but I think it's hilarious.

My mushrooms are starting to divide and conquer. I will probably have an issue with the rock flower anemones at some point, but for now everything seems to be living harmoniously. With the exception of the hermits and the snails.

My toadstool is generally in the position you see in the photos. He was fully open this morning, but switched back once I turned the additional power head back on. Does he like or dislike the flow it creates?

It's been a fun year. Can't wait until these clowns get big. Hopefully they'll start to multiply. I have dreams of a big clown harem tank.

-P

IMG_0015.jpg

IMG_0016.jpg

IMG_0017(1).jpg

• Like 2
  • Wow 1
Christopher Marks

This is a great looking system @p-rizzle! I agree with Clown79, I would try turning off the additional powerhead again and see how it responds. If it opens up again, consider moving the other powerhead and/or reducing its flow.