ReefCleaners.org

HELP!!! My clownfish has Ich!!!!

StephDaReefer

StephDaReefer

I got home today to find my Wyoming White fish with a white speck near its mouth. I sat there and examined the rest of its body to trey to detect any other speck since its mostly white it’s a little hard to tell but it seems that the one near his mouth is the only one. I have another clownfish that shows no signs of ich as well as a yellow watchman goby. I do have a 10 gallon tank but have no equipment for it. Not even a light. At the moment I can’t afford to buy the equipment so my question is, is there a good way to test him without a quarantine tank. What I’m thinking is soaking the fish pallets with garlic and seeing if it’ll ride out on its own with the fish gaining a stronger immune system. I also heard vitamin C would help too but don’t know how people soak the pallets with that, if you can give me some tips on that too I would grately appreciate it. 

I just tested the water and have been testing frequently and my levels are all fine, I do regular water changes. The clownish is eating very well, as a matter of fact he’s the first to go For the food. He doesn’t seem to be rubbing himself or anything other than the white speck he’s demonstrating normal healthy behavior.

If the garlic doesn’t work I will try to gather the funds for a quarantine tank as soon as I can to treat with copper but don’t know how long that will be. I’ve also been reading about freshwater dips but I’m not sure if they’re too risky. Does anyone have any experience with that??

Please help with any advice you can give!!!

BAAEB9A5-3735-43D9-B4DC-C62D8635A8F7.png

43E18E2E-0439-4A22-A351-105AFD5141EB.png

1A6A4A5E-DDB8-497B-B1BD-80ED4B0E7EFC.png

CA95F49E-2619-4DB1-84B8-18424F626E19.png

StephDaReefer
28 minutes ago, Muraki said:

Doesn't exactly look like ich to me. I wouldn't rush and do anything drastic yet. Almost look like it was an injury that is healing. 

I really hope so. Would a healing injury be sticking out like that though?

I've seen some injuries on freshwater fish that did stick out some, but I have not visually seen anything like it on saltwater fish. If no other spots form, and he is happily eating and acting normal, I would just continue and monitor the situation. If you want to do anything, the mixing food with garlic should be safe bet in the mean time. 

StephDaReefer
On 1/27/2018 at 12:59 PM, Muraki said:

I've seen some injuries on freshwater fish that did stick out some, but I have not visually seen anything like it on saltwater fish. If no other spots form, and he is happily eating and acting normal, I would just continue and monitor the situation. If you want to do anything, the mixing food with garlic should be safe bet in the mean time. 

You were 100% right! My clowns white spot has since gone down a bit and turned a pinkish color and he has not developed any new white spots which leads me to believe it was an injury. Poor guy. He’s looking better than ever. Thank you for your advice. I probably would’ve went to unnecessary measures if it weren’t for it.