inTank Media Baskets

New Life -- New Tank // Begow's 20g IM Drop Off Abyss

Begow

Well, I've been out of it for a while and now that my life has been completely turned inside out I figured I would get back into this. It'll give me a good hobby to keep me busy, and it'll give my son and I something amazing to bond over. 

I ordered a Innovative Marine NUVO 20g Drop Off Concept today, as well as 10lbs of base rock, and a 55 gallon bucket of salt from Red Sea Coral Pro. 

hI9qcU4.jpg

I'll continue to piece this together as I go, I need to start looking into lighting options, as well as some added flow. I already have a stand that I kept my old Fusion 30L on. 

Here's a picture of my old 30L before my living room was stripped by my evil ex :P 

N4AiReO.jpg

Glad to be back into the hobby, I've missed this! 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Begow said:

Well, I've been out of it for a while and now that my life has been completely turned inside out I figured I would get back into this. It'll give me a good hobby to keep me busy, and it'll give my son and I something amazing to bond over. 

I ordered a Innovative Marine NUVO 20g Drop Off Concept today, as well as 10lbs of base rock, and a 55 gallon bucket of salt from Red Sea Coral Pro. 

hI9qcU4.jpg

I'll continue to piece this together as I go, I need to start looking into lighting options, as well as some added flow. I already have a stand that I kept my old Fusion 30L on. 

Here's a picture of my old 30L before my living room was stripped by my evil ex :P 

N4AiReO.jpg

Glad to be back into the hobby, I've missed this! 

Welcome back!  Sorry about all the topsy turvy in your life but hopefully things will start looking up, and reefing can be great (retail) therapy! :lol:

16 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Welcome back!  Sorry about all the topsy turvy in your life but hopefully things will start looking up, and reefing can be great (retail) therapy! :lol:

Haha, thanks! I'm really hoping it can provide some therapeutic relief for me. It's been a ROUGH year but I think this will be a good thing for my son and I! :D 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Begow said:

Haha, thanks! I'm really hoping it can provide some therapeutic relief for me. It's been a ROUGH year but I think this will be a good thing for my son and I! :D 

If he's young I am sure he'll love all the bright fishes and whatnot!  And hopefully if he's older too lol.

3 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

If he's young I am sure he'll love all the bright fishes and whatnot!  And hopefully if he's older too lol.

When he was six months old he LOVED my little IM 20 fusion, but when my ex and I split I sold it for the divorce, now I'm single and doing way better financially lmao. So I want something for him to enjoy, and the betta fish I got him is boring me :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Well I ordered the new LED refractometer, sand, and a heater. So once that all comes in I can at least get the tank started with its cycle. Then I'll continue to piece this together over the next few weeks! Stoked! 

7Hr7Geg.jpg

My tank, rock, and salt shipped today! 

• Like 2

I just looked this morning on Marine Depot and saw this tank and I thought “man this tank looks sweet”!

And then I see your thread. Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

18 minutes ago, kimberbee said:

Welcome back to the hobby!

Thank you, feels great to be back!

3 minutes ago, Andreww said:

I just looked this morning on Marine Depot and saw this tank and I thought “man this tank looks sweet”!

And then I see your thread. Can’t wait to see what you do with it!

Haha, thanks man! I'm stoked about it. Hopefully I can do something decent with it! 

Today I put half down on my lighting, paying the rest off next week. AI Prime HD with mounting arm for $190. All my tank stuff comes in on Monday. Stokeddd

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I take a break and you start back up lol. But nonetheless I'm glad to see you back. I assume things are doing much better on your end these days ? 

Work is going great, for sure. My son and I have an unbreakable bond. Financially I’m doing great, but I’ve been single for like two years and I don’t know if I’m capable of liking another human again lmao. 

Only time will tell I suppose, I’m mainly getting back into the hobby to keep myself out of trouble. I had some legal issues after I was working with venomous snakes and one attacked me and escaped. National news etc, good ####ing times. But now it’s smooth sailing, just picking up the old hobby ?

Here’s my horrendous mug shot. They caught me blinking, and the entire planet claimed I was high, yet I don’t do drugs lmao. I was told if I “turned myself in” I’d be there for 30 minutes and let go ROR. I was there for 8 hours and treated like a ####ing murderer for a simple code violation. 

Here’s what I actually look like though lmao: 

B715BCFB-4BF3-4C88-BD70-15EB93178CCC.jpeg

9B424A45-3D2F-4932-A796-E9EF4F66ED09.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Wow they had you plastered on WESH2 like that ? Such a shame. 

So what're the plans for the new tank ? 

Dude I was on national news lmao. It was ridiculous. 

Well, nothing set in stone just yet, besides a set of premium Picasso Clowns and a Midas Blenny. Probably the only fish I’ll keep, which is plenty in a 20g. 

That is INSANE,gotta love it man. 

I think that would be a good choice. I think a goby and pistol shrimp would be pretty bad ass in this set up. 

• Thanks 1
4 hours ago, kimberbee said:

I'm sure they waited till you blinked to take the picture! :lol:

I was soooo pissed! Like damn man! I always try to be very professional, and they made me out to be some drug addict criminal. I was SO pissed! 

I picked up all my water today for the initial start up! I will have to continue to do that until I can afford a RO/DI system. I am making a lot more money BUT the cobra incident has me paying the state $4300 by May so I’m still saving for that. ??

9 minutes ago, Andreww said:

Man that sucks. Box looks beat up and thrown out of the bus. What in the world? Where’s the protective stuff around the tank?

Id be annoyed ...?

I'm happy Marine Depot is taking care of it, but I hate that I have to wait haha. 

I did pay off the rest of my light today which is cool, so that was shipped today! 

Well the replacement tank for my broken one is coming from Atlanta so it will be here Thursday which is ####ing awesome! 

I ordered a BRS RO/DI system that will be here Friday. 

And my AI Prime HD and arm will be here Thursday as well! 

Today my order from Premium Aquatics came in, 20lbs of live sand, heater, and their new LED driven Refractometer! That thing is super nice and convenient for rooms that aren’t super well lit. 

Being single makes this hobby much more enjoyable ??

• Like 3
  • Haha 1