Coral Vue Hydros

Shaking Peppermint Shrimp

Draco

Few days ago (Monday), I got a peppermint shrimp for my 2.7g tank. He escaped the bag and was lost for about 10 minutes before I finally found him and put him in the tank.

He's doing well, eating and moving around the tank.

I know it's normal for Peppermint Shrimps to sway to breathe and such.. but this one would sway, then suddenly shake, almost as if it's having a seizure, then goes back to normal. Rather, looks like he has tuorettes and gets frustrated after he shakes like that.

I've had many peppermint shrimps before, but this behavior is new to me. I've attached a video.

My fire shrimp did this when I added chemi clean, found him dead the next morning. I'm not saying your shrimp will die too but keep an eye on it, maybe throw some carbon in if you don't already run any.

When I tell Alexa to play dance and jump in the line comes on. My sexy starts shaking. The pep runs out to see what the commotion is and they party onward. Until they get fed. 

Not much useful information there but it's true and kinda amuses me. Hope your shrimp stays healthy and shakes it all the time. 

• Like 1
Sea_Of_Treachery

I wouldn't worry, it seems like hes trying to molt and back out of his carapace. A lot of times shrimp will molt due to stress/ other factors when introduced to a new system.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

its a Yellow Clown Goby. I was under the impression they were peaceful except with their own kind, but he's been wiping out everything that moves

I've had a Yellow Clown Goby since Sept. He spent over 75 days in isolation/medication due to flukes and Ich and was extremely shy the whole time in the QT. Would hide the moment I walked in the room, and wouldn't eat if there was any movement in the room. He went into the DT in late January, and initially I was concerned his shyness would prevent him from competing for food with my pig Ocellaris. Seems to be doing fine, and although still a picky eater, he comes out at all times and will often just hover at the tank front watching me. He's very peaceful with all my critters and has been a model citizen. Go figure fish!

higginsnburt.jpg

Edited by Oldsalt01
foto added