LiamFalconer

Help!! Clown bullying new anthias

LiamFalconer

So i have had a Clarkii Clown in my BC32 solo for a week, then added a skunk cleaner shrimp a week later, now Clarkii has been in for two weeks, one with shrimp, ordered and received a dispar anthias from LiveAquaria (they were great, fish arrived in perfect condition) acclimated for a few hours then released, clarkii was interested in him with the occasional nip at the bag, nothing much. Clarkii instantly started attacking the anthias upon release and was trying to rip fins off. i turned the lights off for the evening and overnight, to no avail. Still relentlessly attacking, so i put clarkii in "jail"(tupperware with holes attached to surface so no more attacking) i ordered a clear box for this purpose, itll be here the 26. im going to keep him there for a week, then try again. If that doesn't work i'm going to re-do my aquascape to remove Clarkii's territory. Any other Tips for reducing this aggression. 

(If worst comes to worst then i will remove the clarkii, as much as i love him, i want a full tank of fish)

Help plz

burtbollinger

i had to remove an established violent perc earlier this week...I can't imagine getting a clarkii to be able to chill out.  Easiest move is take him back to the LFS, especially since you already have him jailed...

Five.five-six

Some fish are just giant butholes, you could try putting a mirror against the tank to confuse the clarkii but ultimately you may just have to get that fish out of the tank.  Your next clarkii may be a modle citizen.  You could try using some eggcrate to form a partition in the tank and send each of them to their room but you have to understand that the anthies doesn’t have to be mortally wounded to die from the attacks, 2ndary infections or lack of eating can caus him to die and possibly become a hosts for pathogen like ick and affect the entire tank,  I would not screw around with this.