inTank Media Baskets

3g Marinelan Contour Pico

tomnerr

I'm excited to say that I have started to cycle a pico! I currently have a 16g led biocube that is doing great and thought I'd try my hand at a pico. The equipment is:

Tank: marineland contour 3g

Return Pump: stock return pump with return nozzle

Heater: cobalt neotherm 50w

Media Rack: stock media rack (going to build a custom acrylic rack to hold floss, chemipure blue and purigen)

Light: kessil a80 on gooseneck with spectral controller

Sand: 3lbs caribsea fiji pink

Rock: 4 lbs BRS pukani dry rock

Just started the tank a couple days ago and started the red sea reef mature pro kit for cycling the tank and will see how that turns out. Excited to get this thing going and will update this thread as it progresses.

• Like 1

I think its just under 3 gallons, like 2 3/4 gallon. Plan is to have mainly LPS and softies with 1 or 2 sps maybe. Just gotta figure out the flow for sps in this little guy if I plan to have a couple. I have also thought about doin a flower anemone dominant tank for this but we'll see. 

Welcome to the Marineland Contour pico club!:P. These are fun little tanks. 

If you find an easy solution to keeping sand out of the back chambers, let me know. I've been running mine for over a year and this is my biggest irritation. 

• Like 1