Top Shelf Aquatics

I think It is too late : ( please help

owen2121

Hi, so last night I noticed my two clowns were fighting. This is something that I thought would work itself out, but when I got home from school I found my male stuck to the filter intake. I quickly got him into a quarantine bucket. Sadly there seems to be a lot of damage to his fins and I'm also pretty sure his swim bladder has been damaged, as he is trying to climb to the top of the bucket but notable and stays at the bottom. All I have done so far is got him into a bucket with filtration and heating. Is there anything more I can do.

IMG_2420.JPG

IMG_2418.JPG

• Sad 1

I don't know what else you can do with it. 

I really hope hope it will be ok, but unfortunately it does not look good

if it does survive I would try to give the more aggressive and powerful clown away and keep the other wile it heals, once it heals if it does I would try to pair it up with a smaller clown and break up any fights when they begin

• Like 1
1 hour ago, tashayar said:

It's probably too late, but don't feed it.  When they eat, they gulp air, and this makes the swim bladder issue worse.  

Is it ok if he is eating the pellets at the bottom and not taking pellets off the surface?

BustytheSnowMaam
20 minutes ago, owen2121 said:

Is it ok if he is eating the pellets at the bottom and not taking pellets off the surface?

It's better, because it's not swallowing air, but it's actually better if it doesn't eat at all, because the food adds weight and expands the stomach/intestines, which can exacerbate the problem.  I would not feed it for a day or two to allow it to digest the food it has consumed.  I hope it makes it.  I hate having to watch a fish suffer.

• Thanks 1
49 minutes ago, tashayar said:

It's better, because it's not swallowing air, but it's actually better if it doesn't eat at all, because the food adds weight and expands the stomach/intestines, which can exacerbate the problem.  I would not feed it for a day or two to allow it to digest the food it has consumed.  I hope it makes it.  I hate having to watch a fish suffer.

Ok that makes sense. Thank you.

• Like 1

For the infection I use microbe lift bacterial infection medication. 

Microbe lift also is coming out with a new product that I got to try(not sure what it is called) but it helps highly stressed and injured fish like this one. I tried to freshwater version and one of my angels that looked similar to your clown and it is now living a happy and healthy life. I can try to get the product sent to you if you want it.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, dandelion said:

Do you have any meds? Maracyn 2? Melafix may help but I’ve never used it in SW. 

I use Pimafix. I have used it before and had great results. Today there has been a huge improvement in his health. He is able to swim properly and is no longer sitting on the bottom, the fungus is still present and his fins are ripped but I think he will make a full recovery. While I'm treating him I'm going to get rid of the other clownfish as it has caused problems in the past with the other fish.

IMG_2445.JPG

IMG_2442.JPG

• Like 1