ReefCleaners.org

ATOs in AIOs

sublunary

I have an AutoAqua Smart ATO currently on my QT 10 gallon.  I've been meaning to move it onto my Nuvo but keep hesitating, and would like some reassurance.

I have the ATO sensor that needs to be on clear glass, so has to be in the display area.  However, watching my tank over the past 6 weeks, I've noticed that the water level only falls noticeably in the pump chamber.  

Does anyone else have an ATO sensor in the display?  Has it worked reliably? Any cautions or tips I should know about?

Thanks!

I have an Nuvo as well and kind of wondered the same thing.  IM makes an ATO for their nuvo line but it is on the pricey side.  Interested to see if anyone has any other ideas

I've thought about the micro, but I'd rather stick with what I have and use that $130 on corals if I can.  Good to hear it's that highly recommended though.

Whatever you use it will have to be in the pump/return chamber. Anywhere else and you will run the pump dry as all other sections, including the display will stay at a constant level.

I have a 20 gal  nuvo abyss drop off tank and I use the Tunze 3155 ATO on the tank.  I like the idea of having 2 sensors, to prevent overflow.  I've had bad expereiences with single sensors in the past.   You'll need to put the ATO on the pump section.  Having an ATO sensor on the display is not going to do anything since the water level on the display will stay constant.  The only area the water level changes is on the pump area.