Coral Vue Hydros

Shelly's Nano Cube

seashellshelly

seashellshelly

Hey guys!

I'm pretty excited as this is my first saltwater tank. I set it up on Friday and the above is a picture taken this morning. I have added 10 lbs of LS, 10lbs of LR, and used pre-packaged ocean water. As of this morning my ammonia was 3.0 so the cycle has begun. The LR actually has a lot of color on it which is hard to see in the picture. I found a small bristleworm this morning and scooped him right out. Haven't seen any other hitchhikers yet. I plan to add an additional powerhead and some other goodies as my budget allows. I will add a few more lbs of LR as well. Wish me luck!

Shelly

holyherbiness

good lulck

prepackaged ocean water seems to get good reviews, so you should be set =)

and yes, bristles are largely beneficial as scavengers and sand sifters. That being said, all of my hitchhiking bristles died within the first week.

seashellshelly

I actually kind of miss the bristleworm now since he was the only thing to look at in the tank. Looking at just rock is going to get kinda old. LOL I just added a few more lbs of LR today so it's going to be quite a while before anything exciting goes in. Also, got another powerhead today for more flow. My husband likes to call it "the $300 box of rock".

seashellshelly

Thanks embryoguy, I will do that.

Actually, this really sucks, the light quit working after one day of use. I put in a new bulb and it still didn't work. I just e-mailed JBJ lighting to see if they can send me the parts to fix it. So right now I have no light but hopefully will fix it soon!

seashellshelly

Today I tested and my ammonia was 0! My nitrites and nitrates were only a tad high. I'm so excited that my cycle is going well! I want to post new pics but am not sure how to add them. I'm starting to think about what to add for a clean-up crew.........

Shelly

seashellshelly

Hey Telecastor!

Thanks for the suggestions. How many of each do you suggest? Do I need to feed them anything? I know they eat stuff in the tank but not sure if that is enough. For some reason I haven't been able to add a new pic.

By the way, I don't train any pro athletes. I mostly train average everyday kind of people who are looking to get in shape.

Thanks

Shelly

Archived