inTank Media Baskets

All my yellow polys died.

Bobby417919

Hey Everyone,

To day the last ploy died:(. I have a 15 gallon tall with the Orbits 2x40 watt fixture. Not sure want went wroung. I do about a 1.5 every Sunday. I also add 10 drops of kents Idone and 5 more on Wed. The placement was about half way up.

Can some on help me please??

Thanks Everyone,

Rob

You said you added Iodine, but do you test before you add? That seems like alot of Iodine to me. Also test for and adjust your Alk as need. I find a low Alk level will cause alot of stress as Alk and Cal go hand in hand, but there should be enough of the other trace elements, ie: Iodine, in your salt mix that a 1.5 gal WC a week sould replenish. I do a 2gal per week change in my 10g followed by 1/2 tsp of baking soda and 1 #28 calcium block and my perameters stay in check, but this is with 2 SPS and 2 LPS corals and various softies.

HTH

Tony

BTW I use Redsea salt mix.

be happy they died. those bastards sting your corals...also, stop dosing iodine...if youre doing a 1.5g wc every week then you should not be dosing anything. now go pick out some zoos or palys to replace those damn yellow polyps!!! =)

lol...are you guys being serious?...i've really been getting into finding more fantastic colored zoos lately so the yellow polyps that keep finding a way to survive my attacks on them are starting to gain ground in my eyes, mostly since they survive let alone are a nice color. lol.

Archived