Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

pocillopora question

NanoRox

I picked up my second SPS coral (Lemonshade pocillopora - 4th generation frag so used to LED's).  My monti is doing well (finally) so I thought I would get another reportedly easier SPS.  Things look good so far but I am curious about light acclimation.   My understanding is that this coral does fine in medium light and medium flow but color intensity is much better with higher lights.  With that in mind my intention is to put it at the very top of my tank (see pic of tank....very top of live rock formation is my target spot).  How slow or quickly should I move the coral up?  I purchase it Friday and currently have it about 1 or 2 inches off the sand bed for now.  Polyp extension looks fine so far.  My light is a nanobox mini tide M set 6 inches above water line set to dave's new mixed tank default settings.  royal blue-75%, white/lime = 35%, Violet - 75%, clue/cyan - 75%, moon - 75%

tank 1-12.jpg

I put a pink & blue pocillopora frag right under my Biocube 32's center lights about three weeks ago. It's a little itty bitty frag but it appears to be really happy where I put it. The LED lights on this biocube are rated at about 85 par at that distance from the light. I don't have a light meter so I can't verify that, but pocillopora appears to love it just fine. I've been target feeding it with mysis juice and powdered reef roids about twice a week.

34 minutes ago, OPtasia said:

I put a pink & blue pocillopora frag right under my Biocube 32's center lights about three weeks ago. It's a little itty bitty frag but it appears to be really happy where I put it. The LED lights on this biocube are rated at about 85 par at that distance from the light. I don't have a light meter so I can't verify that, but pocillopora appears to love it just fine. I've been target feeding it with mysis juice and powdered reef roids about twice a week.

Thank you.  good deal.  I was wondering about feeding it or not.  I have powdered reef frenzy.  I will see if I get any response with that.  for now everything is looking good so I am going to move it up a bit.