Cultivated Reef

Wisdom's 10g SPS Dominant Reef

Wisdom.Corals

Wisdom.Corals

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here! Gonna post some progress on my 10g SPS dominant reef tank. Been up and running for a few months now.

Instagram: @nano.reefer.10g

Standard 10g - Bahamas Oolite Sand

Light - Coral Box Moon LED Plus

Flow - 150gph HOB, 425gph & 240gph Hydor Korlias

HOB has chemi-pure blue and chaeto(with light on 24/7)

Fish - Tailspot Blenny & Captive Raised Spotted Mandarin

(I spot feed mandarin mysis and cyclops, which she(i think) was already eating when I got her. Also have a culture of copepods separately I use to keep population up)

CUC - 6+ nassarius snails, one turbo snail, 2 astrea snails. 2 blue leg and 2 scarlet reef hermits. Lots of micro brittle stars

Will post corals as I get to them. Thanks for checkin it out! :)  

IMG_3050.JPG

• Like 1
Wisdom.Corals

Been using Kent Nano 2 part for the last year, started with it in my 5g. My bottles are going to run out soon and although the kent has been doing the job totally fine, I've been thinking about trying something else since almost everything else is more highly rated! I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!!

21 minutes ago, Wisdom.Corals said:

Been using Kent Nano 2 part for the last year, started with it in my 5g. My bottles are going to run out soon and although the kent has been doing the job totally fine, I've been thinking about trying something else since almost everything else is more highly rated! I use Red Sea Coral Pro salt.

Any suggestions?  Thanks!!

b-ionic?

Wisdom.Corals
45 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome to the community @Wisdom.Corals! Great collection of SPS you have growing on the ridgeline of your aquascape. Is that a big mound of porities with christmas tree worms I see the lower right sand bed? I'd love to see that up close :happy: 

Thank you! It is! Ill take a picture of it tomorrow! Had it for 5 or so months now. Started in my Fluval Evo V, you can see it a bit better here. Its been doing great so far! Definitely likes a strong, almost direct flow. The worms have grown and there seem to be some new tiny ones as well i think. 

35 minutes ago, Ranjib said:

b-ionic?

thats what ive been thinking! was also looking at the red sea version, but i dont think it includes the minor/trace elements as much.. as i understand it. that way you can do them all individually.. but i dont wanna get that deep haha 

5G.JPG

• Like 1
9 hours ago, Wisdom.Corals said:

Thank you! It is! Ill take a picture of it tomorrow! Had it for 5 or so months now. Started in my Fluval Evo V, you can see it a bit better here. Its been doing great so far! Definitely likes a strong, almost direct flow. The worms have grown and there seem to be some new tiny ones as well i think. 

thats what ive been thinking! was also looking at the red sea version, but i dont think it includes the minor/trace elements as much.. as i understand it. that way you can do them all individually.. but i dont wanna get that deep haha 

5G.JPG

If you are doing weekly WC then trace element should not be that important, i think. Check your Alk/ Ca/Mg weekly, before the WC and dosing, then slowly dial the dosing amount

• Like 1
Wisdom.Corals
1 hour ago, Ranjib said:

If you are doing weekly WC then trace element should not be that important, i think. Check your Alk/ Ca/Mg weekly, before the WC and dosing, then slowly dial the dosing amount

Thats pretty much what ive been doing. And im super on top of water changes. Often do small ones throughout the week to get rid of any detritus  as well. Just ordered some b-ionic! Looking forward to trying it out!

• Like 1
Wisdom.Corals

Cut this acro a week or so ago. The top cluster is glued to the rocks nearby, but the top of this branch has already started healing over and growing new polyps!

There were a few tiny branches that got broken off in the process, and I glued those to the small frag you see above. They have already incrusted into eachother and grown significantly! :D

IMG_3079.JPG

Wisdom.Corals
12 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome to the community @Wisdom.Corals! Great collection of SPS you have growing on the ridgeline of your aquascape. Is that a big mound of porities with christmas tree worms I see the lower right sand bed? I'd love to see that up close :happy: 

A little timelapse of the xmas tree worms :)

Will get some good pictures soon too

• Like 2
14 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Porties with christmas tree worms are highly underrated IMO.  Great piece you have there!

• Like 1
Wisdom.Corals
6 hours ago, Christopher Marks said:

Awesome video @Wisdom.Corals!

6 hours ago, DCUEVAS74 said:

Porties with christmas tree worms are highly underrated IMO.  Great piece you have there!

Thanks guys!

Totally agree, I love them!