ReefCleaners.org

Sarah Ann's Fluval Spec III Pico Reef

Sissy

18 hours ago, A Little Blue said:

Sorry to hear about that costly wipe-out. 

You are probably better off with distilled, store bought water than your previous source. Glad you found decent water supplier. Shrooms usually melt in my tank. So I stopped that genocide and add only what works and thrives. 

I did a major water change with the Catalina, and everything is great. Zero stress from it from any of my shrooms, lps, sps, or zoas. I’m going to let it run for a while before adding anymore costly sps or lps, but I do want to try again. I am eyeballing the beach bum monti from Jason fox though. 

A Little Blue
9 hours ago, Sarah Ann said:

I did a major water change with the Catalina, and everything is great. Zero stress from it from any of my shrooms, lps, sps, or zoas. I’m going to let it run for a while before adding anymore costly sps or lps, but I do want to try again. I am eyeballing the beach bum monti from Jason fox though. 

Hopefully, it was just one of those unlucky circumstances. Once your tank recovers and chemistry stabilizes, you should be ready to enjoy fancy corals again. 

I had few fatalities as well over tre last few months. But I knew the risk and was ready for the worst. Perhaps, I was not ready to commit but most likely, I just didn’t care that much. Risk that goes along with impulsive purchases I guess....