ReefCleaners.org

Nanocube dx 12g!

Travis55

Hey all! Been a while since I’ve been around. Just picked up a used led version jbj 12g. I’ve got 10# sand and probably 20# of rock. Lighting is factory leds. Just ordered a jebao sw2. Pretty excited for that thing. 

Stock list will be

clown

goby/shrimp

mushrooms

rics

zoas

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

What new light are you getting? I have this same tank and looking for different light options.

I’m considering replacing two of the blue LED’s for white, giving a 50:50 balance. But my problem is not being able to find replacement LED’s.

Did you make any modifications to the filter compartments? Your tank looks great by the way!

On 3/1/2018 at 9:14 PM, Disher said:

What new light are you getting? I have this same tank and looking for different light options.

I’m considering replacing two of the blue LED’s for white, giving a 50:50 balance. But my problem is not being able to find replacement LED’s.

Did you make any modifications to the filter compartments? Your tank looks great by the way!

The light I got was a diy actually from nano reefs classifieds. That’s all I’ve done as far as mods go. A diy led is about the only option if you want to retain your hood. 

A347AD39-50CE-44F2-9B56-47365B580E4B.jpeg

Looks good! I’m still trying to get an answer from jbj customer service as far as what LED’s I can use to replace some of the blues. I’m happy with the light intensity, just not the color.

On 3/4/2018 at 8:47 PM, Travis55 said:

The light I got was a diy actually from nano reefs classifieds. That’s all I’ve done as far as mods go. A diy led is about the only option if you want to retain your hood. 

A347AD39-50CE-44F2-9B56-47365B580E4B.jpeg

Do you have more specifics on your light? 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/5/2018 at 9:50 PM, Disher said:

Do you have more specifics on your light? 

I don’t really. I bought it off the classifieds. Unfortunately due to it being at work and not being able to maintain a good temp I broke it down and sold all the livestock. So all I have left is the tank for sale.