SaltCritters.com

DaveFason

12 hours ago, grafxalien said:

What water depth are the presets tuned to? I have a quad on a shallow tank (36x18x12) and have only been running them at a max of 30%. 

These are recommended for all tanks. Turn it up! 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, jjam said:

So how do these settings work when you have mint as the moon light? Do you run both the mint and whites at 35%

Send me your login info in an email. david@nanoboxreef.com

-Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I have DUO 2 channel. Will Mixed Reef settings work for me? I mean that for Mixed Reef white/mint = 35 and violet = 75. But for my Duo white/mint/violet are on the same channel. 

On 2/16/2018 at 5:39 AM, roblox84 said:

Which version of the retro kit fits into a JBJ 28 hood?

The large retro kit.

1 hour ago, Andrey said:

Hi,

I have DUO 2 channel. Will Mixed Reef settings work for me? I mean that for Mixed Reef white/mint = 35 and violet = 75. But for my Duo white/mint/violet are on the same channel. 

It will be slightly different because the violet is mixed with the white/lime. 

White/Lime/Violet - 35%

Blue/Cyan/Royal - 80%

Keep the time and ramps times the same. 

@DaveFasonI am currently looking to switch from my AI Prime HD to a nanobox duo for my IM Black 20 gallon.  I currently have my Prime running 100% except whites and they run at 21%. I ramp up and down an hour.   Which setting would be equivalent to that so i can get my mixed reef tank acclimated to the new light settings?  My tank mostly consists of LPS but I have a few SPS right now.

I am going to buy b/c I like the sleekness of the light and having it hang only 3-5 inches from the water surface compared to 12 inches right now.

IMG_2218.jpg

• Like 1
17 hours ago, Chubble said:

@DaveFasonI am currently looking to switch from my AI Prime HD to a nanobox duo for my IM Black 20 gallon.  I currently have my Prime running 100% except whites and they run at 21%. I ramp up and down an hour.   Which setting would be equivalent to that so i can get my mixed reef tank acclimated to the new light settings?  My tank mostly consists of LPS but I have a few SPS right now.

I am going to buy b/c I like the sleekness of the light and having it hang only 3-5 inches from the water surface compared to 12 inches right now.

IMG_2218.jpg

First great looking reef! I would stick with the preset as is to be honest. Mixed reef or LPS+ would be great for what I see in there. 

i applied the mixed reef preset today and i think it has the channels wrong. I have a quad, which doesn't have moonlights, but now my bluefish settings have a channel labeled moonlight. is there a different preset i should be using?

On 2/23/2018 at 4:41 PM, grafxalien said:

i applied the mixed reef preset today and i think it has the channels wrong. I have a quad, which doesn't have moonlights, but now my bluefish settings have a channel labeled moonlight. is there a different preset i should be using?

What year Quad do you have? 

14 hours ago, roblox84 said:

Does anyone know how long the heatsink is on the large retrofit unit?

Depends - 11-15"

11 hours ago, DaveFason said:

What year Quad do you have? 

Depends - 11-15"

Thanks Dave. The area in my JBJ 28 is around 9-3/4” is it possible to cut the heatsink to that length or would it not cool sufficiently at that size?

16 hours ago, grafxalien said:

2016. I think it’s 3.1 chip

Shoot me a email. I will get you going. 

13 hours ago, roblox84 said:

Thanks Dave. The area in my JBJ 28 is around 9-3/4” is it possible to cut the heatsink to that length or would it not cool sufficiently at that size?

It will work. Send me an email and we can talk through the options. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, senne76 said:

What settings would you recommend for someone who has separated their white and lime led channels?

White - 20-35% ( depending on the look you enjoy ) 

Blue - 75-85% 

-Dave

6 hours ago, DaveFason said:

White - 20-35% ( depending on the look you enjoy ) 

Blue - 75-85% 

-Dave

And how much would you run the Lime leds?

I have ditched the moonlight channel die a separate Lime channel so now I have a Royal Blue, a White, a Lime, a Blue/Cyan and a Violet led channel.

I'm running a nanobox duo plus M over a red sea reefer nano with mixed LPS/SPS.

3 minutes ago, senne76 said:

And how much would you run the Lime leds?

I have ditched the moonlight channel die a separate Lime channel so now I have a Royal Blue, a White, a Lime, a Blue/Cyan and a Violet led channel.

I'm running a nanobox duo plus M over a red sea reefer nano with mixed LPS/SPS.

Sorry! I misread your question. 

Run everything the same besides the white channel. 

Lime ~ 40-70% depending on what looks good to you 10-20K look. 

-Dave

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 4/3/2019 at 10:16 PM, kimberbee said:

Between the LPS+ and Mixed Reef... which do you recommend for an RFA dominant tank? And what if it's just a 2 channel?

Sorry I missed this! 80% blues and violet, 20% white/lime.

• Like 1
15 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Sorry I missed this! 80% blues and violet, 20% white/lime.

No problem! I guessed a bit and am slowly ramping my lights up. Realized they were turned waaaay far down. Thanks!!

• Like 1