Pod Your Reef

Chuck's catty-corner, counter top nano reef!

Chuck H.

After being out of the reefing hobby for a bit, got the bug again and decided to go nano! Wanted a smallish AIO and the IM Nuvo Fusion 10 fit the bill. Below is a link to a short video of me setting it up (including a serious brain-fart!) and a couple of pics. I'll post updates periodically. 

20180104_122606.jpg

20180104_154747.jpg

• Like 4
Christopher Marks

Good to see you @Chuck H., welcome back! Great system setup video, such a dramatic soundtrack. :lol: Nice problem solving with the media basket fitment ;) 

What sort of things are you planning to keep in your new nano reef? You're off to a good beginning.

Thanks for the kind words @Christopher Marks! I think the Skyye 18w lighting will only be sufficient for softies for now, thinking zoas and some 'shrooms! As far as fish and other inverts, if I can find a shrimp goby and partner, that would be about it and maybe a small clean-up crew. My next purchase equipment-wise will definitely be an ATO. Updates will be forthcoming!

• Like 1

I certainly found it funny that you encountered head space issues with the caddy.  I'm learning that the best laid plans still go out the window sometimes.  Good to see you remained upbeat about the ordeal. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well, should've known the Skyye light would not have kept me happy for long....I just ordered a MicMol G3 Aqua Mini LED fixture as well as a Smart ATO! More updates/pics to come!

• Like 2
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...