mickeyc1195

Leather dominate build! Entry for Rico's nano reef challenge

mickeyc1195

So I have entered the big challenge for 2018 for us nano reefers. So I figured to put my build up on the forum since I've been trying to find a build where someone was mostly if not only focused on using leather corals. Yes they are pretty simple but, with the right combination I think I can create a pretty good display.

Keeping it simple:

Heater

AI Prime

12x12x12 cube

Minimal sand

6lbs of rock

Powerhead

And NO FILTER  

Simply a water change once to every two weeks should be fine since leathers prefer little dirty water. My bio load will also be minimal with two tiny super tiny bullethole clown fish.

Will post pics very soon!

P.s. this is my first topic... wish me luck ?

• Like 2

mickeyc1195

So I cut 1" of each of these leathers out of the family tank ... once they open up I'll post the set up of the nano tank for the challenge

2018-01-07_16.55.51.jpg

• Like 2

Christopher Marks

Sounds cool @mickeyc1195! That's a nice selection of leathers to frag from, have you had them awhile? 

• Thanks 1

mickeyc1195
Just now, Christopher Marks said:

Sounds cool @mickeyc1195! That's a nice selection of leathers to frag from, have you had them awhile? 

Little over a year that tank has never been dosed and 2 water changes in the past year... My brother and I try to keep it simple as possible not too many fish in order for the softies to consume the nutrients. We occasionally turn on the skimmer

• Like 1

mickeyc1195

Terrible pic but decided to actually go with my nuvo 20 and not the 10 gallon cube

20180112_101553.jpg

• Like 1