Coral Vue Hydros

Aiptasia how to kill home remedy

Jorge091293

i have a few peaces of Aiptasia  and i want to kill them before the take over my tank ... my friend tried burning them with a lighter but they just pooped  back out ...can anyone help me please ?  

on how to kill them.. he told me they kill fish and everything they can even killl my blenny 

You will hear a bunch of solutions.  Personally I had a single aptasia and tried 1. entombing with super glue.  That didn't work...he popped back out another hole. 2 I blasted him with boiling water (twice).  That knocked him back for awhile but he came back and 3. finally used aptasia X.  He is dead, dead, dead!

That's my experience.  others will say Aptasia X will make them spread.  I have not seen that.  hope this helped. 

I bought one for a single aiptasia and it was gone the day after I put him in.  I make sure he gets plenty of food when I feed and he hasn't bothered any of my corals yet - not that I'd be able to catch him for return if he did. 

• Like 1

Aiptasia x works very well and is safe.

Turn off all water movement, slather the aiptasia with it, turn water movement on after 15mins.

It sometimes takes a few tries because aiptasia can move or pull into the rocks.

Peppermint shrimp may eat aiptasia, no guarantee, they also are known to go after fleshy coral. Mime enjoyed destroying 3 brains.

so products like aip x, Joe's juice, or homemade lemon juice are less likely to cause you future headaches but with the shrimp it's a chance you take.

Sea_Of_Treachery

Boil some ro/di water, turkey baster and shoot.  Also have seen certain laser pointers work before. Ive used the boiling water many times with success.

9 hours ago, Clown79 said:

Aiptasia x works very well and is safe.

Turn off all water movement, slather the aiptasia with it, turn water movement on after 15mins.

It sometimes takes a few tries because aiptasia can move or pull into the rocks.

Peppermint shrimp may eat aiptasia, no guarantee, they also are known to go after fleshy coral. Mime enjoyed destroying 3 brains.

so products like aip x, Joe's juice, or homemade lemon juice are less likely to cause you future headaches but with the shrimp it's a chance you take.

oh god they are evil lol .... i see thanks ill buy the aip x 

Yrs ago there was a home made remedy that ppl used of kalk, lemon juice, boiling water, and 1 other item.

It worked but

aiptasia x is easier.

Some have no issues with peppermints and others do...to bad there wasn't a way of knowing which ones will get a taste for coral and which won't.

i been checking mine at night and well its always in my sand bed sometimes cleaning the rocks but i did put the rock on ro water and bunch of criters came out !!! so i will throw aways the rock tomorrow... i really dont mind killing those coral as they are xenia and i got plenty of that !!
why tomorrow and not today because i used bleach and got some in my hands today and i dont want to put bleach in my tank  :D  and hope for the best for the  problems to go away as that is the only rock ..

also never buying corals again from that store !