Top Shelf Aquatics

Feeding New acan lord

jambon

So I have bean growing corals for a few years with much success except an acan I lost a while back. I just picked another up and placed it on the bottom in low to medium flow. I try to place a my sis into individual polyps. Are these too big for acans? Are reef royds  better? My blastomosa  has a good feeding response with mysisshrimp but the acans are a bit slow. 

I've had acans who loved mysis. Just give it enough time with the pumps off to get the shrimp into it's mouth. Haven't used reef roids, but I never got much response from acans with small foods like cyclopeez. 

Agree. My acans are fast eaters and they grab the food like maniacs. PE Mysis is most of their diet and there’s some large pieces in there but they just need a couple more minutes on those.

If my Favia with it’s small polyps can eat mysis, I have no problem believing acans can eat silverside babies?

Thanks for the reply... it may be a placement issue, it is a frag with 5 polyps and maybe needs some time to recover plus the move to my tank.

My acans eat calanus as well. It’s hard to make Calanus sink cuz it mostly floats and it’s really small , made for finicky fish like Anthias, mandarins etc, similar to cyclopeeze, but I gently squirt it in their polyps and they grab it pretty fast.