SaltCritters.com

New IM Nuvo abyss dropoff setup

jem454

Been out of the hobby for a while, I'm excited to get this new tank going. Wife bought it for me for Christmas. Going to do a mix of softy,lps,sps. Im still new to reefing, even though i have had a biocube29 in the past. That tank crashed while on vacation several years ago frustrating me out of the hobby for a bit.

So far this new one is about 3 weeks old. I'm at the tail end of my cycle. I cut off the filter sock from the stock IM bracket and glued in some gutter guard to hold filter floss. Using a spectrapure rodi unit, ato, and dual media reactor for carbon and phosguard. Ghl doser2 for dosing down the road. A dual head Steiner peristaltic pump does an automated daily 1% water change. Ati  prime hd for lighting, and my aqamai kps came in yesterday for flow. This powerhead is awesome as it can be programmed in half hour increments for completely randomized flow throughout the day without a controller.

Probably won't have too much more to post for a while as I'm taking this fairly slowly. 

20171222_164749.jpg

20171221_120047.jpg

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...
Christopher Marks

Welcome back @jem454! That looks like a cool aquascape for a drop off tank, do you have a side profile of the tank you can share?

On 1/5/2018 at 12:58 AM, jem454 said:

A dual head Steiner peristaltic pump does an automated daily 1% water change.

Tell me more about this setup!

On 1/26/2018 at 12:20 PM, Christopher Marks said:

Welcome back @jem454! That looks like a cool aquascape for a drop off tank, do you have a side profile of the tank you can share?

Tell me more about this setup!

Pump simultaneously pulls saltwater from basement reservoir, and pumps out from tank to drain. I have it hooked up to a timer to replace a 2% water change daily.

https://www.evoquaadvantage.com/product/Products/Browse-by-Brand/Stenner/Dual-Head-Fixed/Stenner-Feeder-100DMP2-Fixed-Double-Head-20GPD-1-4W-120V-100FL2A1SUAA-?gclid=Cj0KCQiAhrbTBRCFARIsACY7MW3PEjsMBCO9CLkWcMnfg4FfSgC345Gbz0sEJRYtFPopaUMqZw--t8QaAq5OEALw_wcB

Side view.

20180117_072809.jpg

• 1 month later...

Quite the haul!  FTS?  

For photos it's pretty common to use a 3rd party host - like flikr.  You upload the pictures there and then paste links to them on the forum and the pictures show up in your posts.

Looks like some really nice corals though lots of green.   

• Like 1