ReefCleaners.org

8G Bio Reef

MortalWombat

• 1 month later...
On 9/14/2018 at 6:47 PM, Cannedfish said:

Love it!!

Thank you!

I've been busy lately but the tank is still doing fine. That's why I love it, it takes neglect in stride. 

45459667231_b4f4a2fec6_c.jpg

30519425467_91f47656a2_c.jpg

• Like 2

That looks so nice. Macros dont the get enough love. I love macros in the display. All my tanks have had some kind or another or sevral macros in them. You could add some dragons breath or some other red or purple for contrast with the green they are not so calcium dependand as what you have probly wont compete for the calcium. Its nice and simple and has a very natural feel to it.

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

What a cute little tank!  Nice and simple.  I like it!

13 hours ago, LazyFish said:

That looks so nice. Macros dont the get enough love. I love macros in the display. All my tanks have had some kind or another or sevral macros in them. You could add some dragons breath or some other red or purple for contrast with the green they are not so calcium dependand as what you have probly wont compete for the calcium. Its nice and simple and has a very natural feel to it.

Thanks friends! I am flattered. The Halimeda was actually something of a happy accident. It hitchhiked in on the live rock, which is unusual since I have had those pieces of rock in my other tanks for years -some herbivore must have been keeping it grazed down.

I dose kalkwasser in the ATO, so keeping up with the mineral demands isn't a problem. The coralline algae and the barnacle are the only other competitors for alk/cal. I try trim and back the halimeda every 2 months or so, mostly to keep it from shading out the palythoa. 

I have been eyeballing the ORA lemon damsels lately... I really want one, but I'm not sure that would be wise with the existing fish. 

• Like 1
42 minutes ago, MortalWombat said:

Thanks friends! I am flattered. The Halimeda was actually something of a happy accident. It hitchhiked in on the live rock, which is unusual since I have had those pieces of rock in my other tanks for years -some herbivore must have been keeping it grazed down.

Same, I had an angelfish that was keeping my halimed trimmed. After I got rid of him, the stuff popped up everywhere.

• Like 1

I actually own 2 nano tanks. The other is a bonsai mangrove I have had for over 4 years now. It spent it's first year of life in a reef tank, and the mangrove ecosystem is just down the street from the reef, so I hope I'm not imposing by posting pictures of it here. It is one of my proudest accomplishments as an aquarist. 

January 7th, 2018:

43712188850_fbebdb0359_c.jpg

43712191570_5d7166f7ce_c.jpg

October 17th 2018:

(After six months spent out in the backyard)

45535363951_cc6f06d075_c.jpg

43712182950_a300c35c2d_c.jpg

43712177960_3c06346c57_c.jpg

• Like 4
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Your tank is looking great, that nem is getting big! And nice work with the gel filters!

I really love that little mangrove tank too...what's the substrate plant?

• Like 1
21 hours ago, Justind823 said:

Your tank is looking great, that nem is getting big! And nice work with the gel filters!

I really love that little mangrove tank too...what's the substrate plant?

Thank you! The grass in the mangrove tank is dwarf sagittaria, there is also some cryptocoryne in there

21 hours ago, alpinestar said:

🤙 Superb!

Merci!

• 4 weeks later...

Things are still cruising. The anemone moved more to the center of the rockwork, his first move in a year I would say. 

32942410598_fba21fb985_k.jpg

45903200605_78618ccfd6_k.jpg

My mangrove tank has some exciting news. Looking in the tank the other night I realized the roots had cracked the pukani rock! 

31876778867_b4e52e21e5_k.jpg

• Like 1