Pod Your Reef

Double Island IM Nuvo 20g with a nanobox duo - Yellow Hammers

gsechen

Upgraded after my Cadlights 8g tank had a mini crash so I jumped on a Black Friday deal IM Nuvo Fusion 20g tank.  I like how this tank is long so now I can have some fish that swim around.  

Setup:

IM Nuvo 20

MJ1200

1 InTank Media Basket holder (right side)

1 inTank Filter Floss holder (left side)

Nanobox Duo plus M

Jebao OW-10

Livestock:

1 Snowflake Clown

1 Pygmy  Cherub Angel 

1 Green Chromis

1 Cleaner Shrimp

1 Lubbock's Wrasse

FTS

nW4wwBH.jpg

RDJY5aa.jpg

Fishies!

HD1UMiF.jpg

• Like 2

Looking good! Planning to get a skimmer? As fish grow, you might have a problem with clown/angel/chromis combo and one of them will get bullied, ....it’s usually the chromis.

Also keep an eye on the cherub. Might get a taste for some soft coral tissue if not fed well .

43 minutes ago, Andreww said:

Looking good! Planning to get a skimmer? As fish grow, you might have a problem with clown/angel/chromis combo and one of them will get bullied, ....it’s usually the chromis.

Also keep an eye on the cherub. Might get a taste for some soft coral tissue if not fed well .

as for the skimmer, I'm looking at the eshops nano.  yeah I'll see how the fish get along so far so good.  I haven't seen my cherub eat my soft coral tissue so we will see.

• 2 weeks later...

here is an updated iphone 7 pic: 

RIP Green Chromis, went into the overflow and got stuck in filter floss

Added a couple spinstreams

Got a head of duncan coral

9 polyps of Rasta Zoas! such a cool looking zoa.  

Got a Lubbock's Tricolor Wrasse!  so excited abut this guy. he looks awesome and is doing great!  

fKcWuOH.jpg

https://imgur.com/a/DYZkQ?desktop=1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

time for some updates:

first of all I added another piece of dry LR which is white so hopefully Coraline algae grows on there to give it some color.  Second I'm going for a Euphyllia garden and trying to start that up.  I got some yuma's and new zoas as well as a nice BG digi.  I'm also holding some frags from my coworkers tank which sprung a leak.  All is well so far and I'm just waiting for this tank to establish and for the hammer and frogspawn to grow out.  

Euphyllia garden

RdDD2kz.jpg

KzhMxh0.jpg

AEsJoUv.jpg

Lubbock's Wrasse

k194Vmx.jpg

ONdgj4G.jpg

FTS 2/7/18

xQXUoNZ.jpg

• Like 3

How is the Nanobox Duo Plus M?

Also, how are the spin streams. I have the same tank with an MP10, and honestly I always felt like the stock return pumps were way too strong, I have my MP10 at around 20% max and the flow is insane. I hear the spin streams cut the return flow by half.

Might get 1 of them, thoughts?

the light is great, so far so good.  zoas and sps are growing as far as I can tell.  the  blue fish controller is nice to customize light settings and the option to use pre-loaded settings.  

I like the spin streams and how it creates random flow but yeah it does cut the return flow a lot.  I have a Jeabao ow-10 pump as well so I have plenty of flow in the tank.  I started out with one, liked it and then just bought another since its so cheap on amazon.