Top Shelf Aquatics

16g no expectations. Turbo FTW

HIppieRose

Shut down the 29 gallon of Doom.  Setting up the 16 gallon in hopes to save some of the corals.  Couple already look better.  But I think my pulsing Zinna and all my mushrooms are gone.  I hope the stuff I moved from the other tank will jump start my cycle and not kill the rest of the stuff.  Two fish and some clean up crew from 29 .

• Like 1

Not sure if the cloudiness is from the sand or if ur having a bacterial outbreak. If it's bacterial add an airstone and it'll clear up in a couple of days. Ya, you'll add micro bubbles but they won't hurt anything.

New  sand. But well need more cause it is just some I have left over.

The zinias are dead turned to much and floated away.   I pulled the trees off but left enough stumps that if they re alive they can come back.  Zoes, duncan and brain still look the same.  

Going to do a gallon every other day water change till things settle then I plan on doing 2 gallons a week.  No additives.  And not buying any corals. What comes back is what I well have for a long while.

The Duncan is open this morning.  So I have two live corals still.  The brain has better color on parts of it but still not sure about it.  But I am so glad about my Duncan it is my second favorite coral.  Pulsing zinia is my first.   Did a one gallon water change this morning.

I think on of my pineapple trees dropped a limb and it is growing. Afraid to move it so will have to wait till it gets bigger for pictures.  The zoes that were closed up have opened up so they are doing well.  Looking better then I was hoping.  Fish are alive and well.  Ordered some macro to add.

• 2 weeks later...

More of the corals coming back that I was positive were dead. The newest one is my Kenya tree.  The stump is growing new polyp's.  I keep thinking about getting some mushrooms but them remember I promised not to buy a single thing for this tank but  for maintenance.

• 2 weeks later...

This tank is doing better then I hoped it would.  Replaced sand today.  Only has about 7 pounds in it. But if I put in more the sand bed would be way to thick.  Ill get a new picture.

IMG_3030[1].JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Algae I hate the stuff. It just looks terrible and it is so hard to clean off the glass.  Wonder if I should try do a split time.  Like 3 hours on 5 off then 3 on again....Right not I only have the lights on four hours a day.  It was on 6 hours.  Just need to wait and see. I have a large cuc and I am doing once a week three gallon water changes.  I have Purigen and Blue Life USA Clear Fx Pro.  I change out the filter floss twice a week.  

• 3 weeks later...

I have been moving the rocks every week so I can shake them.  Blowing with a turkey baster is just not enough. So never looks the same.  

IMG_3148[1].JPG

Removed all the dry rock. Going to pick up some more live rock in the next few weeks.  Put back on my skimmer.  Added a Mexican Turbo Snail.  Fish have more room to swim around and holds more water.  

Got to stop changing things and just let it be.  Only been 2.5 months.  I just want it to look nice now.

Mr. Turbo is getting it almost too clean. Thats ok. Just got to find something else he well eat when green stuff is all gone.

IMG_3154.thumb.JPG.094a7b6f59a586b85f2288fde914c05e.JPG

Bonus picture. I finished crocheting this Easter Sunday for my husband.

IMG_3151.thumb.JPG.eea7c9e30d02d2ee8039237f13d85dbc.JPG