inTank Media Baskets

Blue Sympodium

NanoRox

I have one. Slow growing for sure. Got it when it was a 3/4" frag and it has doubled in size, but took about 8 months. I have it up fairly high in the tank, but it gets a fair amount of shade from a large Nepthea above it. Very pretty and mine has held its blue color with hints of green and red. 

4 minutes ago, Dos Ocho said:

I have one. Slow growing for sure. Got it when it was a 3/4" frag and it has doubled in size, but took about 8 months. I have it up fairly high in the tank, but it gets a fair amount of shade from a large Nepthea above it. Very pretty and mine has held its blue color with hints of green and red. 

it just spreads out on the rock correct?  

Correct. The polyps usually stay pretty short too. Mine stretch a bit now when the Nepthea fully expands late morning to get more light, but only about a quarter inch off the rock. 

• Thanks 1

I have one as well.  It's beautiful with some bright purple near the base of the polyps (of course that doesn't photograph well).  I find its prettier under normal lights.  Mine didn't like being low so I have it pretty high in my tank with low flow and it seems happy.  I do baste the dust off every couple of days though.  It's about 1x2" currently. 

20180104_160216.jpg

20180104_160157.jpg

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...