Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Seller blocked me because...

Noinoi24

Background:

On the 11th day after the RFA arrived, 5 RFA died, i texted the seller and informed them about the loss, and also  posted here at nano-reef.com on 12/13/17 so to see about reasons why my RFA are dying. Didn’t hear right away from the seller after a day or two. Being frustrated as a first time reefer and a RFA owner and buyer, I started a PayPal refund thingy to at least get back what the  dead RFA is worth. The next day, I got a response  from the seller promising  to replace the 5 RFA’s that died. And a shipping invoice will be sent to me. I closed PayPal dispute as I trusted the seller’s word/arrangement. 

All my tank parameters are within thriving conditions as I have already corals in them and are doing well, so there but a slim chance  it could be due to any in my tank set-up. I followed the acclimation instructions and everything, but seller says it could be my temp that may be way too high which was at 81~82.

Main issue:

so on 12/27/17. I still didn’t get any invoice so I can pay the shipping and to have the replacement RFA shipped, I try iMessage the seller, guess what; the number is gone. I tried using Facebook messenger where we had discussed about the previous transaction; now it states “ send Failed, this person isn’t unavailable right now.  according to wikihow, that message meant that you are blocked. So now I have no idea what to do... 

Death Cause may be due to:

In my own opinion and based on the comments on my post, it could be that the bagging method or how the RFA was removed from their tank to shipping, caused torn foot? or maybe seller did not put enough insulation that may have caused a temp swing during transit? Cuz I’m left with only 2 RFA’s in my tank. 

Did you take any pics of the packaging when it arrive or take pics of how everything was bagged during unboxing ? What are your tank params ? Is everything where it needs to be compared to what they are used to or the tank they came from ? 

3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Did you take any pics of the packaging when it arrive or take pics of how everything was bagged during unboxing ? What are your tank params ? Is everything where it needs to be compared to what they are used to or the tank they came from ? 

Oh yes I have the video of the unboxing.

I only test the basic like temp: 81~82 then, Ammonia: 0, Nitrite: 0, Nitrate: 0.25, Salinity: 1.024~1.026. I did lower the temp to 78~79 within the course of 1.5 weeks to help save the RFA, I still lost more and end up with only 2 now out of 10.

no where in the website says that my parameters  should be like their tank nor it was communicated to me via text or email, that’s why I left it the way how my tank is. Plus I already have corals and fishes that had been there prior to the purchase.  

Post the video. Where they in bad shape when they got to you ? Because if they were you should have notified who you bought them from right away. Usually sellers have a period of time where you can send them pictures and they’ll refund or send out another order. With RFAs I noticed they can do well when introduced but after a week or so some of them will just melt away.  

I know the feeling. It has happened to me multiple times with Zoa's. Did you guy it from just a random person or a store ? 

I have had Zoa's do good for weeks and them boom melted away. Just like right now,I am having troubles. Some Zoa's are fine and some are just melting away rapidly too. 

Best of luck with the whole thing too,Paypal just royally fu*ked me over,so I am not happy with them. 

1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

I know the feeling. It has happened to me multiple times with Zoa's. Did you guy it from just a random person or a store ? 

I have had Zoa's do good for weeks and them boom melted away. Just like right now,I am having troubles. Some Zoa's are fine and some are just melting away rapidly too. 

Best of luck with the whole thing too,Paypal just royally fu*ked me over,so I am not happy with them. 

Got it from a wellknown vendor as they say, and a sponsor here in this website... don’t want to say too much as of yet.