Pod Your Reef

not just price - pay attn to the perks of xmas time deals

Mazzy21

Every year I find myself making some major aquarium purchase over the Black Friday - Cyber Monday shopping extravaganza weekend. Sometimes I look ahead and plan my big purchase and sometimes I just kinda stumble into something that I wanted or needed because of the great deals on things in our typically expensive hobby. This year I really took advantage of the added bonus perks that 'came with purchase' and honestly I just want to brag about my purchase(s) a little. :) If you got a great deal over the holiday shopping period feel free to add to the post. It's awesome when we can score big!!

For me:

From F&S I bought the Fluval EVO 13.5g on sale for 119.99.

I know it doesn't sound all that spectacular, but wait! there's more!! :)
They had a promo if you bought $125 you got a $50 gift certificate, so I added the pump upgrade right then, also on sale: Quiet One 800 for $11.79

There was also a free shipping promo.

This last bit isn't a good thing, exactly, but my MP10 drive randomly decided to crap out last week so that's what I used my $50 gift certificate for. They still have a shipping promo so again shipping was free.

So, in total I purchased:
Fluval EVO 13.5g
Quiet One 800 pump
MP10wQD drive

And paid, w/ tax and shipped: $142.69

That's less than the cost of the EVO + tax alone! Happy with my purchases this year. :)

• Like 1

Current USA 660 wave pump kit (with 2 pumps) for $105 shipped. The black Friday deal included the second pump, normally $65.  I have them linked in my RSM C-130 in surge mode so the corals sway back and forth. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, jasonrusso said:

Current USA 660 wave pump kit (with 2 pumps) for $105 shipped. The black Friday deal included the second pump, normally $65.  I have them linked in my RSM C-130 in surge mode so the corals sway back and forth. 

Nice!! I can't wait to get some flow back into my tank. That drive can't come soon enough!

Recently got back in to the hobby after a six year hiatus and decided a new reef would be my xmas present to myself this year and accidentally fell in to deals.

First I grabbed a IM NUVO peninsula 14 from my LFS for $199 and it came with a $50 gift certificate for live stock.

Next, a few days later I was visiting family the next state over, and happend in to a pet store that was closing out all there salt water gear and got an AI Prime (not hd) and mounting bracket for $135.

Last I hit amazon and nabbed a IM media rack for $23.99 on prime and a IM mini max media reactor for $45 Also on prime.

I got soooooo lucky this year 

20171221_145547.jpg

• Like 1

@Big E reef - that's awesome! I never get lucky like that! Jealous! My "luck" in a good sale has to be well researched and planned, otherwise my level of luck will have me paying over top dollar. LOLOL

19 hours ago, Mazzy21 said:

@Big E reef - that's awesome! I never get lucky like that! Jealous! My "luck" in a good sale has to be well researched and planned, otherwise my level of luck will have me paying over top dollar. LOLOL

I don't get lucky either, stars just aligned for me this time, but trust me I know I scored 

• Like 1