Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

••Receive a FREE Book with Purchase of a Tunze 9001 ••

inTank

This is an inTank only deal.  Receive a FREE Copy of Alex Tunze's Saltwater Aquarium - A complete Pet Owner's Manual with the purchase of a Tunze 9001.  This book is highly regarded as the best beginners guide to a Saltwater Aquarium.  It is out of print so this is your chance to own, and read a piece of our hobbies history!

Hurry, while supplies last!  We have limited copies available.

MARKETING.jpg

http://shop.mediabaskets.com/Tunze-DOC-9001-Nano-Protein-Skimmer-INCLUDES-FREE-BOOK-9001.htm

• Like 2
12 minutes ago, slowngreen said:

Sure thing. Im the lucky winner!!! I was joking, not asking for MORE stuff....not that I'd turn it down either haha.

Sorry I haven't been following that contest, I'm usually just contacted by the winner or the OP of who it is when done.

Either way, I just wrapped them to the 9001 boxes so there is no way NOT to get one! :)

• Thanks 1
Polarcollision

Hey Stevie, do you make a larger collection cup for the 9001 like you did for the 9002? I just had to replace the 9002 and I wish I had a larger collection cup.

11 hours ago, Polarcollision said:

Hey Stevie, do you make a larger collection cup for the 9001 like you did for the 9002? I just had to replace the 9002 and I wish I had a larger collection cup.

We do not.

The sole reason we made a cup for the 9002 was to allow the skimmer to fit into all-in-one aquariums.  Tunze fixed the issue on the 9001 and the cup is the same size as the body of the skimmer.

Polarcollision
On 12/29/2017 at 8:50 AM, StevieT said:

We do not.

The sole reason we made a cup for the 9002 was to allow the skimmer to fit into all-in-one aquariums.  Tunze fixed the issue on the 9001 and the cup is the same size as the body of the skimmer.

Yeah, that was super handy and I really liked it. Guess I can just drill a hole and drain it somewhere. Less elegant though. :-)

Just set up my new 9001 I purchased from ya.. I have a biocube 32 so I watched your how to video I belive it was on the 29 cube. I was looking at it and looked like it would fit (maybe bc I have the 32 , maybe you didn't know what you were talking about) . After 30 mins of Fxxcking with it I busted out the razor knife.. yea took about 2 mins to cut the tabs and install the skimmer next to the media basket.. uhhh what an idiot should have listened to the professionals ??..  was super easy to cut the tabs even with water in the tank, I did do it in the middle of a water change so the water level was dropped.  Now hopefully the skimmer will work it's my first go around with a nano skimmer.

• Thanks 1
On 12/31/2017 at 1:14 PM, Weikel said:

Just set up my new 9001 I purchased from ya.. I have a biocube 32 so I watched your how to video I belive it was on the 29 cube. I was looking at it and looked like it would fit (maybe bc I have the 32 , maybe you didn't know what you were talking about) . After 30 mins of Fxxcking with it I busted out the razor knife.. yea took about 2 mins to cut the tabs and install the skimmer next to the media basket.. uhhh what an idiot should have listened to the professionals ??..  was super easy to cut the tabs even with water in the tank, I did do it in the middle of a water change so the water level was dropped.  Now hopefully the skimmer will work it's my first go around with a nano skimmer.

Yep the 32 install is the same as our video showing the 29.  Give the skimmer 2 weeks to fully break in but it should start collecting sooner if at the correct water level.  Thanks.

1 minute ago, StevieT said:

Yep the 32 install is the same as the video.  Give the skimmer 2 weeks to fully break in but it should start collecting sooner if at the correct water level.  Thanks.

Yea talk about plug and play. Put in in and even though it didn't look like it was making enough bubbles to make skimmate 24 hours later a had a light skimmate about a quarter inch in the cup.. did not have to do anything just left the air screw open and put it at the water level mark.. can't tell if it releasing micro bubbles bc it's in the sump, if it is they are not making it into the display.. dead silent too. Pretty happy with it .. I will have to see how long it lasts but feel like it's made well.

• Like 1