Cultivated Reef

New Pygmy angel (cherub) behavior

gsechen

Hi so I just got this guy last wed but he seems to just stay on one side of the tank. I have a nuvo 20 and have my aquascape with 2 separate LR islands on each side. So far he just stays under and around the rock on the left side, will he ever go to the right side? 

Beautiful fish and Thankfully is eating flakes and pellets but won't stray too far from the rock. Anyone chime in on his behavior? Will he swim around eventually?

Some new fish take some time to get *settled* into the aquarium. Most of the new fish (both FW and SW) I've purchased in the past would often hover at one corner and not eat anything for 2 to 3 days. They'll usually cruise around the tank and explore their new surroundings at night, once the light is off. Give it a week or so. The fish should be less shy and more inclined to explore the tank when the lights are on after a few days.

4 hours ago, gsechen said:

Hi so I just got this guy last wed but he seems to just stay on one side of the tank. I have a nuvo 20 and have my aquascape with 2 separate LR islands on each side. So far he just stays under and around the rock on the left side, will he ever go to the right side? 

Beautiful fish and Thankfully is eating flakes and pellets but won't stray too far from the rock. Anyone chime in on his behavior? Will he swim around eventually?

Mine was very bold from the start.....always up in my face or following around the other fish.  Is he the only fish?

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WV Reefer said:

Mine was very bold from the start.....always up in my face or following around the other fish.  Is he the only fish?

No, just one clownfish for now

ok I'll just give it some more time and hopefully he will fin the other side of the tank. Thx guys

I was diving in cozumel yrs ago and saw lots of these cherubfish down close to 100 feet. They liked to dart in around the small corals on the bottom where they felt safe. I keep one In my fusion 20 now with a clown also. The clown chases him out of the open but he moves around the tank picking at the rocks for food. He comes out to eat when I feed the tank although a bit nervous looking.