Coral Vue Hydros

My first reef tank: Waterbox AIO 20g cube- 7 new coral!

DaVinciClown

• 2 weeks later...

Unfortunately brought the filefish back to LFS (picked the one with my perceived best husbandry). He will hopefully live in the large sump with plentiful aiptasia and pods. Within one week in my tank he ate all of the aiptasia and acans (his favorite) and also nipped at the elegance and pipeorgan. Elegance is recovering but both acans look pretty bad.  

On a positive note... I started a baby Artemia hatchery and have been feeding the tank live food for the past 3 days. The clowns love it. Enjoy watching them hunt! 

• Like 1
Christopher Marks

That's too bad about the filefish, definitely a double edged sword for aptasia removal. At least you were able to re-home it without trouble. Do you have any photos of the damage done to the elegance and acans? I'd be curious to see.

• 3 weeks later...
DaVinciClown

Frags were from @AquaSD!  Everything has been mounted 🙂 Acros on the back - hopefully shadowing is not an issue. Doing a 4 week acclimation starting at 50%.  41 corals/anemones in the tank total now. 

147981A8-7ED3-4779-9DA5-831823E3118F.jpeg

613F39AE-167F-4EAF-908C-B18B02F647FD.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 1 year later...
DaVinciClown

Will do!  Need to clean some algae off the walls to get a good pic.  The tank is kept relatively “dirty.”  Here are some candids. Tank has seen better and also worse.

A2A89ED8-D02E-4DB2-9A13-815624CC831D.jpeg

2ECD6C6A-C384-4912-8E73-AB490296D189.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...