Top Shelf Aquatics

Royal Blue Channel Problems

Sparty

I bought a Quad Plus back in April when I set up my first reef tank. I set the Quad with Dave's recommended settings that I found here and didn't mess with it as I only had a few fish and zoas while the tank established. With the tank now established, I have started to collect some more light-finicky corals (LPS) and a clam and tried to tweak the lights to more Blue and Violet. In doing so, I noticed that I could put all channels on 0% and Royal Blue on 100% and I get pitch black... nothing. I'm pretty sure the Royal Blue channel is non-functional... Any ideas?

I suppose a more experienced reefer would have caught this a lot sooner, but now I'm kinda worried about the clam. Poor light for an extended period of time could do him/her in...

I have reached out to Dave and haven't heard back yet, but as I said, time could be an issue... so I'm hoping it's something really simple that I overlooked and someone here can enlighten me???

Thanks!!

53 minutes ago, Sparty said:

I bought a Quad Plus back in April when I set up my first reef tank. I set the Quad with Dave's recommended settings that I found here and didn't mess with it as I only had a few fish and zoas while the tank established. With the tank now established, I have started to collect some more light-finicky corals (LPS) and a clam and tried to tweak the lights to more Blue and Violet. In doing so, I noticed that I could put all channels on 0% and Royal Blue on 100% and I get pitch black... nothing. I'm pretty sure the Royal Blue channel is non-functional... Any ideas?

I suppose a more experienced reefer would have caught this a lot sooner, but now I'm kinda worried about the clam. Poor light for an extended period of time could do him/her in...

I have reached out to Dave and haven't heard back yet, but as I said, time could be an issue... so I'm hoping it's something really simple that I overlooked and someone here can enlighten me???

Thanks!!

Just got to your email Tim. Responding now! 

Sorry for the delay. I have been out for the count after Sunday with either food poisoning or a stomach bug. Almost back to normal today! 

-Dave

29 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Just got to your email Tim. Responding now! 

Sorry for the delay. I have been out for the count after Sunday with either food poisoning or a stomach bug. Almost back to normal today! 

-Dave

Thanks Dave... Sorry about the bug. I teach in a high school and am constantly dodging the various things going through the school. 

In the meantime I have bumped the whites up, in hopes of catching some of the blue spectrum from them.

• Like 1