Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

• THE Mini MJ 606 PUMP IS FINALLY BACK! Cobalt Mini MJ 606 •

inTank

Such a great item, all things considered.  Mine has the yellow slider to determine the output/flow.  The "grate" or debris covered gets clogged for me but that is because it is near bottom of tank, angling up to surface.  Cleaning it is part of my water change routine.  It has been running for years with zero issues so I highly recommend!  

• Like 2
10 hours ago, Superdave said:

Such a great item, all things considered.  Mine has the yellow slider to determine the output/flow.  The "grate" or debris covered gets clogged for me but that is because it is near bottom of tank, angling up to surface.  Cleaning it is part of my water change routine.  It has been running for years with zero issues so I highly recommend!  

The only change here is the color of that slider. 

Unless it's in the display can you run some floss before it hits the pump to protect?  

StevieTree,

I think the floss might block the flow more than the occasional buildup of detritus.  The impeller is protected by two pieces; the outside cover, then an additional one.  All are easy to remove as is in impeller.  Mine actually lost a blade (I believe there are six) and it still runs great and makes no noticeable noise unless is touches side of glass and vibrates the side.  

• Like 1