Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

BACK IN STOCK NEW PLS-50 Elite II , slimmer size 3.25" x 3.5"!

CAD-Aqua

59 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

Loving mine... it is a beast! 

IMG_20190118_023535.jpg.88ee72590c8adf71

Nice!!

I’m glad I didn’t sell mine, after a few more tweaks I was able to dial it in on my AIO. Now i just need some organics for it to pull! 

• Like 1
23 hours ago, Tamberav said:

Loving mine... it is a beast! 

IMG_20190118_023535.jpg.88ee72590c8adf71

Looks great! Which tank do you have it in -- the 25g lagoon? I thought this new model didn't fit the lagoon? I'm trying to find a good skimmer that fits 😕

3 hours ago, pieceofreef said:

Looks great! Which tank do you have it in -- the 25g lagoon? I thought this new model didn't fit the lagoon? I'm trying to find a good skimmer that fits 😕

It does't fit in the 25 lagoon unfortunately. I am using it on 22g with a custom AIO section. 

I have the older version of CAD skimmer I found used which fits in the 25 lagoon. It performs just as well but harder to dial in and just a tad nosier but its in my bedroom so pretty damn quiet once it breaks in. 

I really need to empy it....

IMG_20190118_042110.jpg.a4874cc0ce4ab2ea

• 1 month later...

My Elite II is also a dream.  Mine is in my JBJ45 in the second chamber on the left (facing the tank).  

Also want to comment on the customer care provided by CAD Light.  I needed to replace the pump -- mine started making all kinds of noise -- took the pump apart and did not find any broken parts.  CAD Light has offered to replace the pump (free of charge) even though there is no evidence of a malfunction. 

Just wanted to give a big thumbs up to the folks there at CAD Light -- Eric and Scott have both been very helpful.

So, with a great product and 1st class customer service -- why shop elsewhere 🙂

• Like 2

Wanted to also take a sec and review this skimmer. I was concerned at first since the setup while not hard it took a while to find the right adjustments (mainly on height) and even then it took me atleast 2+ weeks to get anything green in the tank. Fast forward 1.5 months later this skimmer is by far the best I've EVER had. This thing pulls crap so dark you cant even see through the collection cup.  It is hands down the best skimmer I've ever purchased and have owned some big name expensive brands (Reef Octopus DOC Skimmer, Tunze 9001, Bubble King). Def be patient let it sit on a setting for a few days then adjust as needed. The quality of this skimmer is that of one that would be built for a larger tank and really impressed me the most. It is a little more than other skimmers offered for smaller tanks but if you have a sump or can fit this in your AIO chamber do not hesitate to buy!

For reference I have this on a Nuvo 30L and the collection cup does take longer to fill up. (the stuff that makes it in the cup is amazingly dark and smells like poop when you clean it out!)

Kudos to Cadlights for offering an amazing skimmer to reefers! 

Pros:

Pulls amazing dark waste

Quite Pump

Quality build

Fairly easy to setup/take apart to clean

Cons:

Does create some micro bubbles (not as much of an issue now since I've made other adjustments to offset this issue. However still some micro bubbles...

Final thoughts - buy one!

• Like 1
  • Recommended Discussions