ReefCleaners.org

BACK IN STOCK NEW PLS-50 Elite II , slimmer size 3.25" x 3.5"!

CAD-Aqua

Hey Everyone

Took us almost 1 whole year to design and improve on the 2nd generation PLS pipeless Nano skimmer, and we finally have it ready to be released. starting with the original PLS-50 Elite, we kept all of the core features such as the small compact size with our breakthrough Patented "Pipeless controls". We then set to look at the body and increased its strength and durability. As many of you guys and Nano reefers out there know. a Nano skimmer gets much more handling than a larger one sitting comfortably in a sump. Nano skimmers are taken in and out of its chamber more often. 

Highlighted features of the NEW 3rd Generation PLS-50 Elite II

1)  the body: we have added a solid 1" thick PVC neck for the collection cup to easily and securely slide in and out of. 

2) At the heart of the skimmer is the New TIA-18 pump, uses a full needle wheel with 25% stronger flow rate and air draw! all while staying silent as the TIA pumps are known for. all of which greatly increases the quality and quantity of the skimming ability.

3) for added durability, We upgraded the Volute into heavy duty solid PVC material. Allowing for high volume air draw and consistent performance. 

4) Controls. Continuing our breakthrough pipeless controls, we have increased the drain and intake speeds to give you much better controls and more stabilized fluctuations adjusting the skimmer foam and pressure. 

5) The PLS-50 Elite II works both with its bracket or it can be taken off and used as a full in sump skimmer and submerging it into the sump area for a more space saving application. 

6) fluctuations improvement: with the new interior flow controls, the PLS-50 Elite II, is better at maintaining consistent water heights in an even greater water level range. 

PICS Coming soon! 

Thanks, and Happy Reefing!

CAD Lights Aquariums 

• Like 3
48 minutes ago, CAD-Aqua said:

Hey Everyone

Took us almost 1 whole year to design and improve on the 2nd generation PLS pipeless Nano skimmer, and we finally have it ready to be released. starting with the original PLS-50 Elite, we kept all of the core features such as the small compact size with our breakthrough Patented "Pipeless controls". We then set to look at the body and increased its strength and durability. As many of you guys and Nano reefers out there know. a Nano skimmer gets much more handling than a larger one sitting comfortably in a sump. Nano skimmers are taken in and out of its chamber more often. 

Highlighted features of the NEW 3rd Generation PLS-50 Elite II

1)  the body: we have added a solid 1" thick PVC neck for the collection cup to easily and securely slide in and out of. 

2) At the heart of the skimmer is the New TIA-18 pump, uses a full needle wheel with 25% stronger flow rate and air draw! all while staying silent as the TIA pumps are known for. all of which greatly increases the quality and quantity of the skimming ability.

3) for added durability, We upgraded the Volute into heavy duty solid PVC material. Allowing for high volume air draw and consistent performance. 

4) Controls. Continuing our breakthrough pipeless controls, we have increased the drain and intake speeds to give you much better controls and more stabilized fluctuations adjusting the skimmer foam and pressure. 

5) The PLS-50 Elite II works both with its bracket or it can be taken off and used as a full in sump skimmer and submerging it into the sump area for a more space saving application. 

6) fluctuations improvement: with the new interior flow controls, the PLS-50 Elite II, is better at maintaining consistent water heights in an even greater water level range. 

PICS Coming soon! 

Thanks, and Happy Reefing!

CAD Lights Aquariums 

Hmmm if this fits a lagoon 25 I'd happily test one?. Looking forward to seeing this!

4 hours ago, pgrVII said:

Hmmm if this fits a lagoon 25 I'd happily test one?. Looking forward to seeing this!

measurements they posted on IG said it was slightly bigger than the previous model...you already had to modify to 2nd gen to fit most IM tanks so im guessing this wont fit unless its much small without bracket  

• Like 1
On 12/18/2017 at 6:14 PM, coreyisag said:

measurements they posted on IG said it was slightly bigger than the previous model...you already had to modify to 2nd gen to fit most IM tanks so im guessing this wont fit unless its much small without bracket  

Hi, Corey

That is a very good point. many of the features being made stronger and more volume did make it where the footprint got slightly bigger than its predecessor. the new foot print for the PLS-50 Elite II is 3.5" x 4.5" without the bracket. the new TIA-18 pump is about 25% stronger. ideally, the water level in the skimmer chamber should be 3.75" x 4.75". if it will fit, we guarantee this skimmer will kick some serious butt.

Thanks

Scott

3 hours ago, CAD-Aqua said:

Hi, Corey

That is a very good point. many of the features being made stronger and more volume did make it where the footprint got slightly bigger than its predecessor. the new foot print for the PLS-50 Elite II is 3.5" x 4.5" without the bracket. the new TIA-18 pump is about 25% stronger. ideally, the water level in the skimmer chamber should be 3.75" x 4.75". if it will fit, we guarantee this skimmer will kick some serious butt.

Thanks

Scott

thats a real bummer for all us people that use IM tanks and would love to use your product...i guess ill keep looking for a 2nd gen on the resale market :(

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, coreyisag said:

thats a real bummer for all us people that use IM tanks and would love to use your product...i guess ill keep looking for a 2nd gen on the resale market :(

Hi, Corey

We took most consideration with our filter compartments in designing the newer model. what is the overall dimensions of your tanks skimmer compartment Length and Width? i'll see if its something we can do to accommodate your tank as well.

Thanks
Scott

16 hours ago, CAD-Aqua said:

Hi, Corey

We took most consideration with our filter compartments in designing the newer model. what is the overall dimensions of your tanks skimmer compartment Length and Width? i'll see if its something we can do to accommodate your tank as well.

Thanks
Scott

Like the guy mentioned above, its 2 and 5/8ths by 4.....its rather small you'd have to lose an inch somehow and that seems damn near impossible...Im just bummed out for everyone on here who has IM tanks (alot of us) and everyone raves about your product...and ive seen multiple post of people with the 2nd gen skimmers on their tanks and its kicks ass....the stuff they pullout of the tank dosent even compete with these other skimmers on the market so to be held back from that just sucks ass.....i dont know what the percentage of AIO tanks this skimmer will fit....but NONE of the IM tanks will work even the 30-40 gallon larger tanks are too small 

are your measurements you taking with the cup on or off? because if the body is small enough to fit in the chamber the collection cup can sit above the baffles/tank and be more than 4 inches.....kinda how the eshopps skimer fits...you guys classify it as a nano skimmer, and talk about taking it in and out of chambers...just curious as to what tank/AIO these fit it

• 1 month later...
Sps_Addicted964

My I.M. nuvo 40 gallon chamber is 3.74" X 4.01". I've also heard nothing but awesome things about this skimmer and had my mind set on getting it. What is the footprint of the largest part below the cup?

15 hours ago, Sps_Addicted964 said:

My I.M. nuvo 40 gallon chamber is 3.74" X 4.01". I've also heard nothing but awesome things about this skimmer and had my mind set on getting it. What is the footprint of the largest part below the cup?

Hi, SPS addicted

We have great news to share. we have slimmed down the PLS-50 Elite II to 3.25" x 3.5" while keeping its performance. the new size will work great for your dimensions you gave. 

IMG_7763.JPG

IMG_7765.JPG

IMG_7766.JPG

• Wow 1
  • CAD-Aqua changed the title to NEW PLS-50 Elite II is coming soon! UPDATE, slimmer size 3.25" x 3.5"!
Sps_Addicted964
On 1/23/2018 at 3:42 PM, CAD-Aqua said:

Hi, SPS addicted

We have great news to share. we have slimmed down the PLS-50 Elite II to 3.25" x 3.5" while keeping its performance. the new size will work great for your dimensions you gave. 

IMG_7763.JPG

IMG_7765.JPG

IMG_7766.JPG

Sweet, I was just getting confused by some of the previous posts. Thanks for clarifying. Now if I can just figure out how to purchase one...

On 1/24/2018 at 10:01 PM, Sps_Addicted964 said:

Sweet, I was just getting confused by some of the previous posts. Thanks for clarifying. Now if I can just figure out how to purchase one...

Hi, SPS Addicted

Yes, we are uploading the new PLS-50 Elite II onto the site today, so the Official release is going to be tonight!

Thanks

Scott

• Like 2

Hi, John

Thank you for your message. yes this past week we had 2 containers that arrived and we were unloading as well as re-organizing the whole warehouse. lots of new products coming out. Feel free to message me directly if you have any questions or need any assistance.

Thanks so much

Eddie

• 2 weeks later...

@CAD-Aqua I'm glad you posted this update! I was just looking for an alternative to my Tunze skimmer for my IM Fusion 40, and the older model CAD Lights PLS-50 was the best thing I could find, but of course it was discontinued, and none of the vendors I checked were carrying to new model. Thanks to your post, I found out that not only will the new model fit, but that it's available from your website. I just ordered one and I'm looking forward to reviewing how it works in my thread :)

• Like 3
1 hour ago, mr9iron said:

Does this skimmer fit in the IM Nuvo 20?

Going from the dimensions alone, the answer would be "no".  Chamber 2 in the Nuvo 20 is 2.97" x 4", so the 3.25" width would be too big. But without knowing exactly what dimension goes with which piece of the skimmer, it's hard to say for sure. When I get mine, I'll take a closer look and let you know whether it's possible for it to "sort of" fit :D

I just got mine yesterday and set it up today.  What the purpose of the white ring around the body?  It just barely fit in my custom AIO that's similar to an IM 30L and wouldn't fit with the ring.

9 hours ago, HRCOReef said:

I just got mine yesterday and set it up today.  What the purpose of the white ring around the body?  It just barely fit in my custom AIO that's similar to an IM 30L and wouldn't fit with the ring.

I believe that when you tighten the set screw on the white ring, it prevents the body from turning. So once you turn the body to adjust the flow rate just right, you can lock it in place. 

I just set mine up tonight. So far it's skimming great and I'm impressed. 

I'm less impressed by the lack of a manual :(

17 hours ago, teenyreef said:

I believe that when you tighten the set screw on the white ring, it prevents the body from turning. So once you turn the body to adjust the flow rate just right, you can lock it in place. 

Thanks that was I thought it might be but I’m with you no manual.  Mine is skimming great as well.  Might need just a little fine tuning but will do that after a few days.  It replaced my original PLS-50.  That’s now in my little CAD Lights 18 gallon tank now.

• Like 1

Thanks Guys! 

The New PLS-50 Elite II will soon be introduced to our dealers. we are making them as fast as we can right now and awaiting on the instruction manuals to be printed. will definitely have those soon as well. 

Hi, Teenyreef

Thank you for choosing our PLS-50 Elite II. glad its doing well in your tank already and i hope the improved performance will do great for your reef tank. please link us to your review if you have started one. 

Hi, HRCOReef

Thank you for choosing our PLS-50 Elite II. awesome to hear its giving you great performance as well. the ring is to give the skimmer body itself some extra stabilization during adjustments. the skimmer can work fine without the ring, but may be a little more unstable during adjustment.

The PLS-50 Elite II skimmers are sold out right now and we are making them as fast as we could. they are up for Pre-orders right now for March 5th shipping. 

• Like 2
  • CAD-Aqua changed the title to NEW PLS-50 Elite II Sold out, PRE-orders for 3/5/18 ! UPDATE, slimmer size 3.25" x 3.5"!
On 2/16/2018 at 9:41 PM, teenyreef said:

What tank are you running the skimmer in? 

On 2/16/2018 at 9:41 PM, teenyreef said:

Hi, Teenyreef,

We have the new instructions coming soon. we released the PLS-50 Elite II in early January and it was 4.5 long and 4" wide. so after a few customers have tried it, and didnt fit, we completely redesigned it to see how we can slim it down to the current 3.25" x 3.5", making the old manuals unusable. new manuals will be done by the time the current Pre-order batch will be ready to ship. 

Thank you for choosing us and we really appreciate your support!

Scott

Sps_Addicted964
On 2/16/2018 at 11:41 PM, teenyreef said:

Same here, it skims way better than my ghost ever did but i bet it would do even better if it came with instructions 

• CAD-Aqua changed the title to BACK IN STOCK NEW PLS-50 Elite II , slimmer size 3.25" x 3.5"!
  • Recommended Discussions